Once again this BS continues, show your support

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Scratchammo, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

GOA and Gun Rights: At the Center of the Debt Limit Fight
    Monday, 11 July 2011 15:46
    -- Bachmann and Paul proving to be key leaders

You’ve heard a lot about the “debt limit” fight going on in Washington.

But have you ever wondered how it affects you and your Second Amendment rights?

First, a brief background:* Since he took office, Barack Obama has increased the federal budget from a scandalous $3.1 trillion a year to an even-more-scandalous $3.8 trillion a year.*

Even worse is what he’s done with the additional 2/3 of a trillion per year.* Of interest to gun owners:

* Obama has begun to implement the first stages of ObamaCare, which would create a national medical database, which could be trolled by ATF in order to take away the gun rights of tens of millions of Americans;

* ATF has used its Fast and Furious operation (funded with $10 million from the stimulus bill) in order to put guns in the hands of Mexican drug cartels, ostensibly for the purpose of passing more gun control in Washington;

* ATF has moved forward on its illegal regulations to require the registry of multiple sales of many long guns; and

* ATF has moved forward on its efforts to impose an import ban on shotguns.

As far as we’re concerned, a government large enough to implement an anti-gun ObamaCare is much, much too large.*

Now the bill has come due, and Barack Obama is trying to borrow $2 trillion to pay for his anti-gun agenda.

He cannot be allowed to succeed, unless the deal blocks the $2 trillion from being used to pursue ObamaCare and an anti-gun agenda.

In this respect, Congressman and presidential candidate Michele Bachmann (R-MN) has been a true hero.* She has stood up, frequently alone, to oppose any debt limit deal that would allow the money to be used to implement the anti-gun ObamaCare law.* This is a critical bottom line for gun owners.

Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) has also spoken out against a deal to raise the debt limit, spearheading a drive that gets other congressmen to sign a “Cut, Cap, and Balance” pledge.

In his press conference this morning, Obama mourned that Washington had been forced to zero in on the federal debt limit, rather than considering, in his words, “something everyone wants, like new programs.”

This tells you a whole lot about what Obama intends to do with the $2 trillion.* Already, leaks which have emerged from the negotiations suggest that the “cuts” consist of cuts to defense, interest, and phony “cuts” which do not kick in until 2014.

The bottom line is this:* The U.S. isn’t going to default on its debt, because, without borrowing a penny, federal tax income will be over ten times the amount necessary to pay interest on the debt.* Similarly, there will be enough money to pay social security, Medicare, defense, and veterans.*

But, if the debt limit is not renewed, there will not be enough money for ObamaCare and anti-gun regulations.* And, frankly, this means that Republicans negotiating with Barack Obama have all the cards in their hands.*

For them to bungle these negotiations and allow Obama to borrow in order to fund ObamaCare would be disastrous.

ACTION:* Contact your congressman.* Demand that he or she votes to cut spending by defunding anti-gun ObamaCare.*

Click here to take-action

....AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS TOO

2. slammr

slammr New Member

Michele Bachmann is too busy slamming gays and lesbians to do anything constructive. Like we don't have more important things to worry about. I don't know who is worse, her or Sarah Palin.

3. freefall

freefall New Member

I have not heard Michele Bachman slam either gays or lesbians. I have heard her repeatedly urge the government to stop spending money we don't have. Comments like the above do not add to serious discourse. We need to get our sh!t together as a country. Standing around chanting "You suck" at each other is not going to help us survive.

4. slammr

slammr New Member

5. towboater

towboater Active Member

Must be one of those gay liberal plants.

6. freefall

freefall New Member

Did you read the article? Actually she said "To call it gay is a part of Satan. It's anything but gay." Do you know the definition of gay? It means "excited with merriment; happy". I have several "gay" friends and they were far from "excited with merriment". They were some of the saddest, most confused men I have known. Not that they weren't good company most of the time, but they were far from happy people.
    You have an axe to grind with Mrs Bachman because she doesn't celebrate the homosexual agenda, that's your business. I just want to elect SOMEONE who wants to quit spending money we don't have.

7. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Jeezzz, its getting hostel in this forum tonight! You do know that a religious belief can be stated right? And that religious belief can be believed without actually hating the person right? It is possible to hate the action but accept the person.....Who cares if she agrees with the gays and lesbians? If everyone has to allow you to have the opinion that gays and lesbians are ok, why is it hard for you to give her the same respect that she thinks its NOT ok? What the hell does that have to do with the political stance on debt and gun control?!?!?!?!?!

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Now that's some humor right there! :p

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

Common sense says to me "jon, dont you go posting in this thread any stupid sh@t..." but i cant help it.

If gay is not a personal choice how come gays are still around as it is by definition not possible for gays to pass the "gay gene" to non-existant children.

If my wife wants to get iton with another women she knows that she has to bring her friend home and share. Wouldnt be fair otherwise.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  10. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

[​IMG]

11. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Sad. This guy seemed to be doing well in the handgun section.

Now we know he reads "The Gawker".

Sad.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  12. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

IF gayness is the result of a gene, then it is most likely a recessive gene, and someone can carry one copy of the gene, and not express the 'disease' (for sake of argument - he or she is not 'gay'), but that person (assume male) can make whoopie with another person (female) who also carries a copy of that recessive gene, and have a litter of offspring with each other.
    Those young'uns can have the genes in varying combinations: recessive + dominant equals carrier (like the parents, has the gene but does not manifest the 'gayness', and can pass the gene on to the next generation); dominant + dominant = no 'disease' and cannot pass the bad gene on; or recessive + recessive = (probably, if you believe the nature trumps nurture argument) gayness (and no offspring to pass it on to, for obvious reasons, except that - hmm, some gays actually marry the opposite gender and have kids before coming out of the closet, so to speak, thus passing the gene on (I've met a few like that)).

Genetics 101 in college. High School, as well, for those who weren't too busy with hormones to actually stay awake in class and study.
    ;)

13. freefall

freefall New Member

What is the Gawker?

14. TheDaggle

TheDaggle New Member

Though I generally agree with you, I have to play devil's advocate here.
    Even if a gay gene were recessive, it would still be subject to the laws of selective pressure and there is no benefit from it. There is strong selective pressure AGAINST it. There is a very good reason that you don't see many reproductively harmful genetic conditions that surface before puberty, especially one that widespread (10% of the population by some estimates). While it may not preclude reproduction, it does drastically reduce the average number of viable offspring, and that is precisely the type of gene that natural selection weeds out in a hurry.

15. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

From Wiki, Gawker Media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Gawker Media is an American online media company and blog network, founded and owned by Nick Denton based in New York City. It is considered to be one of the most visible and successful blog-oriented media companies. As of March 2010, it is the parent company for 11 different weblogs: Gawker.com, Fleshbot, Deadspin, Lifehacker, Gizmodo, io9, Kotaku, Jalopnik, Jezebel, Gawker.tv, and Cityfile. All Gawker articles are licensed on a Creative Commons attribution-NonCommercial license."

Their moto, "Today's gossip is tomorrow's news".

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

I always wondered where cnn msnbc and abc got their news feeds from. Thanks

17. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Being gay obviously isn't a choice. Why would anybody choose a lifestyle that would cause so many problems for them? And I never had to choose to be straight. I've always been straight. If being gay were a choice, then they would be naturally straight, too, and would be willingly going against one of the strongest forces in their bodies.

18. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

That is actually assuming a lot. What if they like the lifestyle? What if they like certain aspects of the gay life? What if they have personality traits that they are not liked by the opposite sex? I am not saying one way or another, not putting myself up for targeting from either side of the fence here, but there are a ton of factors that people tend to overlook here....

19. knfxda

knfxda New Member

All you guys that think that gay is a choice, go ahead and prove your point. "Choose" to be gay for the next year. Find a guy that you find attractive and have sex with him for the next year. Perform all acts of sodomy that you can think of. Not sure how promiscuous you are, so you might not limit yourself to one man. Have at it and then report back to us. (No details though.) :eek:

Gay as a choice means that all y'all can just choose to be gay. And under the right circumstances you'd be able to choose to be gay. Sounds like you're very afraid of what you are able to mentally conjure up.

Sorry, but in my world view you either are or you aren't, there's no choosing and no circumstances under which I could simply choose to be. I guess it's not the same for you? :p

20. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Exactly why I didn't state my belief one way or the other......but thanks for the input.....and honestly, I am sick of hearing how everyone is a victim of one thing or another. You (meaning whoever is claiming victim) made the choice for your actions, no one else did.....its the classic "its not my fault" syndrome.