On TV

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by NGIB, Sep 28, 2010.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

So is anyone else watching Rubicon? With Burn Notice on hiatus I was looking for something worth watching and stumbled on this show on A&E. Pretty interesting. I also find The Glades funny and "Boomer" on the new Hawaii 5-0 is cute but damn she needs a few sandwiches...

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Haven't seen it, but I never miss "Mad Men" right afterwards.

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Never got into Mad Men myself although my oldest loves it. With no more 24, I guess I have to change my viewing habits...

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I've been watching all the "OMG you are out alone with little or nothing......with a camera crew" survival shows. :rolleyes:

They have NOTHING on Les Stroud, the king of survival shows.

I've also been watching TUF and Sons of Anarchy, which comes on tonight.

Gem had a great liner last week, "Her blood, not mine." then walks off coldly.

:eek:

5. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I saw a new show called Blue Bloods. Cop show. Great cast with Tom Selleck and many others I recognize but can't put a name to. First show started a great story line. I'll be watching that one.

6. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Goju I'm surprised. I didn't figure you for a SOA fan. One of my favorites.

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Never heard of it before now. This is going on the DVR.

Gotta find something to replace Burn Notice and Leverage. Can't rely on NCIS for all the entertainment... that's NCIS, not NCIS Los Angeles (what bunch of monkeys is writing that show?).

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  8. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

I cant agree with you more. NCIS is by and far the best show on tv, NCIS LA.... just cant watch it.

9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Mad men is really well done, especially for us more "mature" members who can relate to all the sixties era stuff. Might me tough to get interested if you haven't been watching since the beginning though.

10. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I'll tell ya. They sure are pushing the limits! :eek:

But good grief, they already drug me in and left me hanging last season. I need closure!!! :D

11. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Did anybody watch The Event? It seems interesting, but they keep jumping back and forward in time. I'm going to check out the next show and see if it can hold my interest.

12. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I DVR'd it and started watching but it jumped around so much it gave me a headache...

13. CA357

Yeah, that's kind of how I felt about it. However, it looks interesting enough that I'll check it out a bit more.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  14. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Well it was on last night. I taped it... Yeah that's right taped it.

You can also get it on Hulu.com. At least that is how I watched the first episode.

I like the time shifts. Reminds me of my blackout days!:eek:

15. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I think it is too much like lost. Lost was epic but I think it is too soon after it for this show to catch on. I like it but I can remove it from my DVR list for another show if I need to.

Blue Bloods with Tom Selleck and Mark Wallburg is looking to be a good show. He waterboarded a kid toucher in the dam toilet and then gave hima swirly and basjed his face into the rim of the toilet. Better than what I would have done.

16. CA357

I never saw Lost, so I don't have that frame of reference.

17. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I'm going to have to check that show out. :D

18. orangello

orangello New Member

I'm a fan of the SOA. I missed the season opener this time, but they will do a rewind eventually (maybe i can find it online when i have time).

I thought she said "her plan, not mine"? She rocks, especially if you try to superimpose her Peg Bundy character onto the SOA character.

I must admit it took a while for me to figure out the "sam crow" thing :eek: . SAMCRO = sons of anarchy motorcycle club redwood originals :rolleyes: I thought they were referring to a founder for a chunk of the first season.

19. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

It's on Hulu

20. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

I am watching and DVR'ing

Dexter
    Mad Men
    Hawaii 5-0
    Blue Bloods
    Lone Star