Omg

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by jpattersonnh, Apr 13, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

thats a good shot. open sights at range isnt easy. bet he couldnt do it again in a year lol

2. 30-30remchester

30-30remchester New Member

My god how embarrasing. I cant even imagine the entire internet can see this and come to the conclusion this is a hunter. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot as a group. So many things are wrong about this to count.

3. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I would agree. I'd take luck on a shot like that!!

4. M14sRock

M14sRock Active Member

Not a good representation of hunters, in general.

"First shot, ever, with that rifle". Not very responsible.

5. 30-30remchester

30-30remchester New Member

Entirely correct M14sROCK, as HUNTERS we have a duty to our prey to provide as humane a death as possible to our quarry. To shoot at a living breathing, pain feeling creature with a gun you have never shot, at extreme range with a gun, while a good military gun, is not known for being accurate enough to hit the 8" vital area of a hog even with a benchrest. Then for , I will use the next phrase loosely, "grown men" to giggle like some 10 year old school girls who just got their first kiss, after an accidental hit and then act like they are God with a gun ,will fuel the fires of the anti - hunter crowd. It would not surprise me if this video is now on the anti hunter web site.

6. armoredman

armoredman Active Member

I echo the sentiment - impossibly lucky shot with a totally unfamiliar rifle at extreme range. What responsible hunter would go afield with a rifle he had never fired? The whole thing reeked - only thing missing in camera view would be the beer cooler.

7. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

to think the mosin nagant was built for the purpose of killing people from trenchs to the cities and now it's probably used to kill more animals then people. But it is one damn good rifle.

it was irresponsible of him to not go to the range with that rifle first should have gotten closer to insure a kill shot. But then again the mosin isn't really hard to shoot, esp if you have a rifle background, if you really think about it though everyone sees thing differently tomato tomatto

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Okay, I finally got the nerve to watch this video. And, of course, I have a question. (SURPRISE!)

Does "open sites" mean without a scope?

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

WoC, you are correct.

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Thank you.

11. meadville

meadville New Member

How many times have we passed on shots because it just was'nt right. This would have been one of those times!

12. orangello

orangello New Member

For all the hunters who are upset at this guy for using an unzeroed rifle at a long range & for giggling over his kill, i have a question "had any damage from feral hogs lately?". These are pests, vermin, a plague, no different that a bunch of locusts or mosquitos, so i have to ask "have you zeroed that ant poison, flyswatter, bug light you are using?" To hell with some feral pigs; they are destroying not only yards & pastures, but the food upon which native species depend. What a crock of crap!

Let's save the soapboxxing for an animal that isn't a verminous scourge across the ENTIRE FREAKIN' PLANET.

The guy should've fitted up the bayonet & finished it off with that.

13. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

That was my thought!! His buddy wanted to take a shot w/ a shotgun>>>>
    Sure they were morons, and paid for a pig hunt. But, that shot....

14. M14sRock

M14sRock Active Member

Yes.

I considered the damage, destruction and carnage caused by feral hogs before I posted. However, leaving the hog alive after whacking it was callous. It should have been finished off quickly. This is not a good representation of hunters, in general.

Humane is humane, no matter the circumstances. I have no problem with the 350 yard shot, and have no problem taking a 350 yard shot myself. And I have NO problem with whacking feral hogs at every opportunity.

15. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Besides, even if you don't care about the suffering of an animal, meat tastes like crap if it takes forever to die.

16. orangello

orangello New Member

Some call it "hunting"; i call it "pest control". I bleve that is our only difference.

:)

17. M14sRock

M14sRock Active Member

I'm with you. But I still kill pests humanely, and quickly.

18. orangello

orangello New Member

What kind of roach spray do you use? Glue traps for rodents?

19. M14sRock

M14sRock Active Member

No roaches, thank God. We don't use sprays around the house or lawn.

We have house geckos for bugs and a pitbull for rodents. And we also have the neighborhood cat who loves to patrol the perimeter "jungle". I also use the "have a heart" live catch traps, and take the rats to the hills and let them go. And I have a "Rat Zapper" electronic rat trap that kills them like the Hand of God, but I have not used it since we moved last year (no orange trees at the new house).

But if we did use poisons I would have a double standard. Pigs are reportedly 7x smarter than dogs, while roaches would get no mercy at Chez Rock.