OMG! LEO! At My Door...

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by feedsasquatch, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feedsasquatch

feedsasquatch New Member

I'm a good law abiding citizen, and when I see a LEO at my door I usually welcome him. I have a clean record, and never have anything to hide. Well, today was different. I just happened to be wearing my new IWB holster, with my Colt Combat Commander in it! Needless to say, nothing happened. But boy did my heart rate go up!

So, I have a question. Is it illegal to concealed carry in your own house without a license? I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail...

2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

You can have it anywhere in your house you want, loaded or unloaded, hidden or in plain sight.

3. Moss99

Moss99 New Member

Absolutely. It is in Colorado anyway. I asked my instructor when I was taking my class because I wanted to get used to the feel of having my weapon on and make sure the holster was comfortable.

4. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

What did the LEO want?

5. feedsasquatch

feedsasquatch New Member

Oh, he wanted to know who the the green car outside my apt. belonged to. It's an ugly broke down pos that the neighbors refuse to move. So the police are going to move it for them:D

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

The last time I looked no one that has answered the question has passed the bar in all 50 states or 1 state.

What do you think this says about their advice.

Do your research, find out your local and state laws. This will save you from looking like an asshat when the judge ask you why you are CCWing when you don't have the proper permit? HUUUUUUU Yeah your honor becuase some dude names gojubrian said it was legal. Who is is this mr. gojubrian? Well he is hummmmmmm well ok funny story I meet him at an online forum about guns. But, he is a knowladgable guy knows a lot about guns and law because he is aaaaaaaaa yeah an internet lawyer got his degree and took the bar with that fat sally chick from TV. Yeah thats it.

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

As Tango said, legal advice from members of a gun forum is worth EXACTLY what you paid for it- NADA!

As I have said before. for all you know, I am 14 yrs old, skipping school, and Mom does not know I am on the computer.

Laws vary SIGNIFICANTLY from state to state. Do some research on YOUR laws- mine are differerent. If you do not know how to go a Google search, find a 14 yr old that can show you. :D

And as I understand KY law, NO, you may not. Read for self: Kentucky Gun Laws - What are the Gun Laws in Kentucky?

8. docmagnum357

docmagnum357 New Member

In North Carolina, It has never been illegal to carry concealed on your own property, to my knowlege. Carrying conceal, OFFyour own propert, WITHOUT YOUR PERMIT AND ANOTHER FORM OR VALID ID,is a crime.Open carry is not Illegal, but there is the problem of "going armed to the terror of the public" When you look at the court case on that one, it seems to state you must intend to terrorize the public, but in practice, people are prosecuted successfully if the other person says they were terrorized.
    How often are people prosecuted for "Going armed to the terror ofthe public?" I have never heard of it.

9. feedsasquatch

feedsasquatch New Member

Interesting:

"It is unlawful to carry a concealed firearm on or about one's person. This applies to carrying a concealed firearm in one's own premises or dwelling."

I wonder what section that comes from. I tried looking in my KY concealed handgun manual and couldn't find it...

10. Biohazurd

Biohazurd New Member

Ah a fellow Colt Combat Commander user. Arent they lovely guns. I carry mine about everywhere i go, and unlike most people say i have no problem with the weight, reduces recoil anyway...

11. hogger129

hogger129 New Member

No it is not illegal in your own house. Out on your own property where neighbors may see it and possibly call in a complain may be a different story. But in your own house - no it is not illegal.

12. WDB

WDB New Member

I'm not a lawyer or even played one on TV best to check your local laws as they differ greatly depending on where your live.

13. Grey

Grey New Member

Honestly? lol, is this a joke?

Youre asking if you can carry a gun that YOU BOUGHT (Im assuming) and youre asking if you can carry it in YOUR OWN home? America has gotten bad but it aint that bad. Not yet anyways...If you cant carry it in your own home then you arent free at all.

America will be needing a new patriot.

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

And once again- how many of you that are offering legal advice are members of the Kentucky State Bar?

And the FIRST one of you that says "That does not make sense." will be required to stay after class, and write "Laws do not always make sense" 500 times. And then go post bail for the person you were giving legal advice to.....:rolleyes:

15. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Move to Texas.

You can open carry on your property. You can conceal carry in your car or truck as well as conceal carry in your business without a license.

You need a license to conceal carry elsewhere, such as stores that aren't posted with 30.06.

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Gojubrian, Moss99, docmagnum357, Biohazurd, RyanG23, hogger129, Grey.

I have a few questions for you guys.

1. Where did you go to Law School?
    2. What year did you take and pass the KY state Bar Exam?
    3. What Law Firm do you work for?
    4. How long have you lived in KY?

KY concealed carry laws Google search.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  17. Moss99

Moss99 New Member

Uhh...

1. I wasn't aware I needed a law degree to be aware of a few of the laws in my state.
    2. I clearly said "in Colorado".
    3. Low, Ball & Lynch.
    4. Once again, I clearly said "in Colorado".

Good gravy, someone needs a Coke and a smile. At least it was fun to drive to work naked, at 90mph, on the wrong side of the road with all 4 doors open becasue hey, i'm not a lawyer, I don't know any better. Next time i'll keep my info to myself. :p

18. feedsasquatch

feedsasquatch New Member

I've seen information online that would suggest that in the State of KY it IS ILLEGAL to carry concealed in your own house without a license. The problem is that these website which "reproduce" the state's laws don't tell you which section the laws come from. KY gun laws have changed drastically over the last 6 years, mostly for the better. So I need to know what the current laws are.

I'm going to contact a LEO that's a friend of mine from Gracie Jiu-Jitsu training that would know, or get ahold of someone that knows...

19. .22hustler

.22hustler New Member

Better not do that in NY. To legally posses a handgun in NY, you MUST have a pistol permit, period. In your house, or on your property, you'd better have a permit.

20. feedsasquatch

feedsasquatch New Member

Alright my LEO friend got back in touch with me. Their aren't any "written" laws directly addressing the issue of carrying concealed in KY. HOWEVER, he said I would be in very "Hot Water" for doing so if a LEO was over at my house...

It's all a matter of interpretation of other related laws I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.