Omg! Just Bought a Savage 110FCP .338 Lapua Magnum

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by TrangTuan, Aug 8, 2013.

1. TrangTuan

TrangTuan New Member

Well, I just decided that i have enough with .308 lol, So i went online at bud gun shop and spent 1.3k on a New Savage 110FCP .338 Lapua Magnum.

Just waiting now.. It still Processing.

I can't wait lol. All i need to do is get a MDT Tac 21 stock for it and a nice scope. It should be beast. I'll post the rifle soon.

2. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Congrats!!! Sounds awesome. I really love Savage rifles. Do you reload for that round?

3. TrangTuan

TrangTuan New Member

Nope, I buy it from store lol.. Never reload in my life..

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

That's a lot of money. I hope you really like the rifle. I'm sure you will.

Congrats on the purchase!

5. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Well,You bought a nice rifle. Since you don't reload,plan on robbing a few banks if you want to shoot it a bunch,ammo for it isn't cheap. Reloading for it isn't much cheaper!
    I'd plan on spending another $1k-2k on a scope worthy of that weapon if your really going to shoot it's range capability. At a minimum,I'd suggest a Sightron SIII or a Vortex Viper PST scope,but a Nightforce NSX would be a better scope for it.

6. TrangTuan

TrangTuan New Member

Thanks Guys, Well i'm not gonna rob anyone nor any place lol, I'll collect ammo from money i save up at work til i get like 100+ rounds before i start shooting. And by the way does anyone here know if a Savage 110Fcp .338 Lapua Magnum will fit with MDT Tac-21 Stock?

7. Grizzdude

Grizzdude New Member

That's gonna be nice when you get it! Plan on learning to reload, when I stepped into the 338 lapua realm that is exactly what I did. Factory $5+ a round reload yourself around $1.50 a round with lapua brass.

8. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

9. Copeman60

Copeman60 New Member

That's a great gun for the money.. Savage got it right with the 338

10. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

I would focus more on getting quality optics, rings,bases etc before changing the stock on the rifle. Unless you are a experienced long range shooter the stock is not gonna improve your accuracy.

11. TrangTuan

TrangTuan New Member

Thanks for the reply guys, lol is funny how everyone tell me that my .338 is a so loud that people around me gonna go away?

12. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

Savage makes some very nice rifles. Make sure you post up some pictures for us....:)

13. simpkinst

simpkinst New Member

OMG? Are you 12?

14. Grizzdude

Grizzdude New Member

What that other guy said. Make sure you can afford good optics before buying that stock.

15. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

You bought a rifle chambered for Lincolns?

The military must pay better these days.

16. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

So, who are you directing that smart *** comment at?

17. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

Ha ha ha! I like that comment. Never thought about it that way!

18. JW357

JW357 New Member

I interpreted it as going to the OP.

19. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Good for you. It's a neat gun to shoot. Just make sure you're set for reloading and you've got some good glass to mount to it.
    I got a Savage BA110 338 Lapua last year and absolutely love it. A ground hog had the misfortune of coming out of the words and sitting in the middle of the range at 200 yards this past spring while I was taking a break and it got quiet. Hollow point into his head and out his rear end was a pretty devastating blow. It made everything inside just plain mush. I was more than impressed.

image-1303401361.jpg

20. simpkinst

simpkinst New Member

A post in a firearms forum begins with OMG.......

I don't put a lot of faith that its a real post. And No, I did not read it. Just commented on the title.