OMG Gander Primer Prices

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by cpttango30, Jan 2, 2010.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I was in Gander today looking at their ar selection to feel them.

I wanted to pick up 1k small rifle primers yeah right they got tons of them must have had 20 to 30k all marked at $5 per 100 and BR2 and BR4 marked at $8 per 100 $80 for 1k of primers that is just regodamdicouls. I can pay 1/3 of that on line with shipping and hazmat.

2. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

2 months ago, one of my IDPA buddies emails me and says he's got a line on CCI primers, all sizes, $0.02 ea. $100/5000 primers.

I picked up 10000. Shoulda got 25000. Oh well.

It would have been easy to sell 1K for 32-35 ea. Damn gunstores here want $42K for Winchester and Magtech. $46 for winchester and $48-54 for CCI and Federal.

I've got some old primers with stickers on them for $1.15 a sleeve. Imagine being able to buy 10K for $115 right now. You'd be the Bill Gates of guns.

3. 1hole

1hole New Member

I have wandered through a Gander store a few times, laughed and left. Went to a Sportsman's Warehouse (Columbia, SC) and bought stuff, not a hard choice which big-box store to do business with. Nor which one seeks to gouge their customers.

Gander is for killing time and looking at stuff, not buying!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  4. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

I refuse to go there anymore, their pricing sux

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

It's not just Gander. Cabela's, Dick's, Bass Pro...hell it is most of the big namers. Damn proud of their stuff and not just firearm related. And still I get at least 2 catalogs from Cabela's a month and a sale flier every damn week.

Gander also owns Overlands which is an on-line store for tons of stuff. I wonder if they are not having trouble there??

6. Fourbits

Fourbits New Member

Wolf Primers at Wideners

I just got Small and Large pistol primers from Wideners (Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply INC) for under $30.00/1000. Had to pay the fee for shipping.

It looks like they are out of small pistol primers at this time.

Fourbits

7. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 Active Member

Powder Valley is Great..

Powder Valley has a little better prices, when they do have primers. Got Wolf Large Pistol for $25.50 per K , and CCI-500(Small Pistol) at $27.00 per K. I ordered 5K of each, and powder also, in two different orders, over the period of a month. I do try to buy bulk primers/powder, as I can, to spread out the $22.00 HazMat Fee. Graf's actually has better prices than PV, but is at least 6 months wait/back order...I have another 10K on order with them????:confused::eek::)

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

There is a Gander Mountain in the town next to me and I'm always amazed at their prices on everything from guns, ammo, reloading supplies, hunting gear, you name it. I honestly don't see why or how people are paying those prices. I did manage to find a good deal their recently but it's rare.
    The only thing you can get there at a good price is the Gander Mountain line of clothing which is actually nice and durable.

9. NYPD13

NYPD13 New Member

Wasn't that long ago that I was paying $15 per 1000. Unfortunately things "CHANGE".

10. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 Active Member

Not that long ago???

It has been 15-20 years since primers were $15.00 per K.--:confused::p:)

11. NYPD13

NYPD13 New Member

It was only a few years ago that I could pick up a box of Federal for $15-20. Now I find $45-50 is the norm locally so I just started buying bulk online to make up for the HazMat charge. I only reload for cost savings, not accuracy, hunting or competition.

12. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

The small shop on the other side of town was $28.00 per 1k the last time I was in there. I paid $21.00 the last time I purchased any. I still have 7k of the $16.00...18.00 variety. The $21.00 box was Rem 5 1/2. Since I thought I had no lg pistol, and there were none to be found, I figured I would shoot my .357 more. 2 days later I found a bag w/ 1k of lg pistol and 2lb of powder I bought a year earlier and never put on the shelf.
    Rileys use to do mail order, not sure if they still do. Powder comes in 1lb..8lb.
    Welcome to Rileys Gun Shop - Hooksett New Hampshire

13. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I judge a store by it's 7.62x39 prices.

I thought the Mom and Pops were crazy for $8 a box, till I saw $15 at Gander. For the Russian stinky rounds. That were $4 two years ago.

14. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Gander can Kiss my hariy butt crack after a squiggy poop.

I just ordered 10k primers for a little over $300...... I should be sent for a year or two.

15. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

There ya go, less than 1/2 the price.

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

WOO HOO I got 10k plus primers in stock right now. I am set for at least a year or two.