Olive Garden night!!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by BenLuby, Apr 17, 2012.

1. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Well, even ugly fella's get lucky. As of today, I have been married to the most patient woman in the world for 29 years. As is our habit, we're going to Olive Garden for dinner.
    For her anniversary gift I bought her a .22 Henry Golden Boy. She bought me a sight for my AR.

2. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Congradulations on the anniversary! You guys are a good testament to the institution of marriage.

3. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Heh. I got lucky and found a woman who'd put up with me. Thanks!!

4. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Contratulations on your anniversary!

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

6. 94browninghunt

94browninghunt New Member

Nice, Congratulations!!! I'm 18... shes my first girl and were almost at our two year aniv. we go to olive garden too, and hope to be like you and your wife one day!

7. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Just remember you're two halves of the whole, and nothing can split you but yourselves. She's my first serious romance as well. Just clicked, and worked at it when required.
    Nothing better than a long term relationship.

8. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Congrats Ben, Olive Garden is the best!

9. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Wife has agoraphobia, and Olive Garden and her meds are the only places she likes to go to. So, we're either going to eat out tonight or I'm going to go get it to go and bring it home, depending on whether or not she can get outside.

10. texaswoodworker

I'm sorry. Why does she like Olive Garden so much if you don't mind me asking?

11. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Cmon tex,, never ending pasta bowl, what else? Lol

12. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

We've been dealing with the agoraphobia for over a decade. It's nothing major as far as I am concerned. She has periods where she can run out the door at times for hours, and then she gets periods where she just flat out can't even look at the door.
    She is a pasta fanatic. She loves good wine and good pasta. And Olive Garden plays Sinatra, who she happens to adore.
    Any recommendations on a good $100 bottle of wine for a pasta dinner? I can't stand the stuff, but she loves it.

13. Model70

Model70 Member

I keep telling my wife (only 4 years so far) that true love is finding the one person you want to bother for the rest of their life. :D

14. texaswoodworker

Glad to hear its not a major problem for ya'll. As for the wine, I wouldn't know. I don't really care for the taste of alcohol. :D

15. texaswoodworker

lol, I haven't had a chance to try it yet. The closest Olive Garden is an hour away. :(
    When I do get the chance to go, I usually get the lasagna.

16. winds-of-change

The salad. I can make a meal out of the salad and bread sticks.

17. 94browninghunt

94browninghunt New Member

Hope the dinner went well!

18. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Happy anniversary!

19. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Thanks guys and lady. Had a great time. Went out, bought a bottle of wine for her, picked up a movie, and ate in the living room watching a movie and talking. Beats the daylights out of getting dressed up to go out.
    Great time.

20. winds-of-change

I like the 'casualness' of eating at home rather than going out, too. I'm glad you two had a nice night.