older colt 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by kamakazi69, Oct 26, 2011.

1. kamakazi69

kamakazi69 New Member

i was given as a gift a colt 1911 ?pre world war 11. i am attempting to find extra magazines but here in mississippi the choices are very limited. does any one out there know a good location to find such?

2. vincent

vincent New Member

They're practically giving them away in the intro thread...won't ya stop by and say hi? :D World War 11?...yikes, I gotta start watching the news more often, I missed ww 3-10:rolleyes: Lots of folks would love to help you out, if we knew who you were:cool:

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Any standard 1911 magazine will work, and they can be bought at any decent gunshop, or on line.. If you are seeking ORIGINAL magazines, check with the on-line auctions sites, such as gunauction.com (formerly auctionarms.com, gunbroker.com, and gunsamerica.com. You might also send an email to armchairgunshow.com, one of the premier sales sites for classic firearms. Do NOT expect an original mag to be cheap.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I'd be glad to help, what is the gun going to be used for?

This can be answered with one of the following two.
    1. Shootin'
    2. Personal Defense

Your decision hinges on your firearm use.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

I think I would want just one original to go with the gun, and then new production for actual use.

Just because I think the new productions might be in better condition, with better/more advanced springs and followers.

Opinion, and not based on any hard data.