Old Westerns; Where are the Stars and Cast Members

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Car54, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Car54

Car54 New Member

I found this quite interesting and it brought back a lot of memories. I hope you enjoy it too.

One look at this film clip and you'll be young and old all over again. It is "brand new" even listing 2010.

BUT WAIT -- THERE'S MORE!!!! Ever wonder just who all those minor characters were who populated western after western with few lines and a familiar face.

Well, the clip has pictures and names -- so after 50 or so years -- say "Howdy" to some of those general store, saloon keeper, blacksmith mini-heroes from your youth.

Those Old Westerns

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Ha! Gabby Hayes!! :D

3. Shihan

Shihan Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hack attack lol!!!!!!

rsg!!!!!!:d​

4. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

That was awesome!
    Being only 39, I do rmember my dad always had a good western on growing up.
    Thanks for sharing.

5. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Brought back memories......Thanks!

6. Bighead

Bighead New Member

Great video, thanks for the link.

For those of you that don't know, Netflix has a great selection of old westerns and old western TV shows, a lot of which are available for instant streaming. I've been watching the Lone Ranger this week.

7. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCO6smQrjJ8]‪Lone Ranger Opening Theme‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

One (but only one) of my favorite Saturday morning westerns as I was growing up.

I don't remember Buster Crabbe as a western star but as a scifi star from the Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers 1930s serials they showed at the local movie theater in the early 60s.

I remember watching Jock Mahoney as Yancy Derringer (and Jay X Brand was listed only as X Brand in the credits) with my Grandfather.

They didn't note Jimmy Stewart's WWII record.......bomber pilot in Europe

All in all, a stroll down memory lane. Thanks for the link from an old fart [​IMG] who remembers seeing all of those stars on the big, and small, screen.......