Firearms Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this old girl in a box and remembered that someone gave it to me around 20 years ago. Never shot it and forgot I had it. Not sure of the age because the stamp is different than most with no FIE or Italy anywhere. So, I decided to practice some blue removal and polishing and see if I could pretty her up a bit. I think I will grab a mag online and take her out to see how she pop pop pops. If it shoots well, it would make a nice little pocket gun.

·
Premium Member
4,992 Posts
Before and after, eh? Nice improvement, there. (y)

Never have tried my hand at bluing. Or polishing, for that matter.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Well, that turned out nice.
I assume that isnt stainless... how you gonna keep it shiny?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, that turned out nice.
I assume that isnt stainless... how you gonna keep it shiny?
Well, I am really anal about cleaning my guns. Heck, I will take a Sunday, turn on some John Wayne flicks, grab a beer and just break em all down and clean them. Hoppes 9 is one of my favorite smells! I may blue it eventually but I may just keep her polished. I use a nice metal polish and a dremel to keep a nice shine on the bare metal.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Nice job there !
I couldn't stand 1/2 the job done .
The pic looked like it was painted . That wouldn't do for me but a nice blue would look great since the polish came out so well . I would fire it a few times to see how it works then tear it back down & blue it .
Just they way this old guy does things .
Your gun your choice . :)

·
Supporting Member
13,132 Posts
Kathedlok

My question is the gun all steel or is the Frame aluminum? You might look into Parkerizing it. I do not know if the Aluminum if the Frame is Aluminum would take the Parkerizing ? You would need to do some research on that! It is an easy process you can do it on your home's stove. And especially with a Pistol being small. If I recall it only takes the solution to be heated to around 168 degrease. I use to do Remington 870 Shotguns for the Police Agency I worked for when they began to look bad. I simple plugged the Shotgun Bores (To keep them from being Parkerized and put the Barrels into the solution. (Not that the 00 and Slugs would not have cleaned it out) It did a fantastic job and the Shotguns looked new! And the solution is inexpensive and I am sure Brownells or Midway USA has it.
Only an Idea!

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Kathedlok

My question is the gun all steel or is the Frame aluminum? You might look into Parkerizing it. I do not know if the Aluminum if the Frame is Aluminum would take the Parkerizing ? You would need to do some research on that! It is an easy process you can do it on your home's stove. And especially with a Pistol being small. If I recall it only takes the solution to be heated to around 168 degrease. I use to do Remington 870 Shotguns for the Police Agency I worked for when they began to look bad. I simple plugged the Shotgun Bores (To keep them from being held Parkerized and put the Barrels into the solution. (Not that the 00 and Slugs would not have cleaned it out) It did a fantastic job and the Shotguns looked new! And the solution is inexpensive and I am sure Brownells or Midway USA has it.
Only an Idea!

Aluminum won’t parkerize but the slide would. The frame is likely Zimak. It could be coated with Durakote, Allumahide, Cerakote, or some other similar product, at home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts