old scope

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by linuxuser3890, Jan 10, 2012.

1. linuxuser3890

linuxuser3890 New Member

My grandfather gave me an old scope for my most recent AR build and I need help figuring it out. It is a Tasco TR416X40 and I have all the trajectory compensation rings but need to know which ring matches the 223 with out spending a whole lot of ammo to figure it out. Please help me find a manual online or a list of calibers for the rings. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk

Attached Files:

2. linuxuser3890

linuxuser3890 New Member

Bump

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Have you tried calling Tasco at 1800-221-9035?

4. TCH2FLY

TCH2FLY New Member

I found a reference to Tasco TR scopes in an old post here: TR scope info?. It appears that the rings are not caliber specific but rather listed by approximate ballistic data. Once you know your specific rifle/bullet performance you select the proper ring.

Here is the data that was posted there, I put it in a table so it was easier to read.
    This is for a Tasco TR 6-24x40 scope (it may be the same for all their scopes) and would be a place to start if you can't get anything better.
    tasco.png
    (I assume it is based on a 100 yd zero.)

I'd guess C or E for a .223 AR

5. linuxuser3890

linuxuser3890 New Member

thanks for all the input I was just going to guess at which ring then go shoot some until i got close. Just by looking at how spaced out the lines were on the rings I have already attached ring E and going to go from there.