old school COLT automatics

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Reinhard, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Reinhard

Reinhard New Member Supporter

Hi,I wanted to share some pics of the two vintage Colt's I purchased a few day's ago,one 1902 military colt in 38acp ,made in 1918 the other a 1903 pocket also in 38acp made in 1911,both guns are in original condition,and I got an original full box of western ammo to go with them
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Man those things are cool. I love old colts. Can i ask how much you picked them up for? Anyway congrats.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

They're beautiful Reinhard. Their condition is excellent. :cool:

4. Reinhard

thanks ,prices are much higher in Europe,the 1902 , 3500€ and the pocket 1500€....if you can find them here ,these colts are scarse in Europe

5. Johnny357

Johnny357 New Member

More beautiful guns. Thanks for sharing!

6. easterner123

easterner123 New Member

Just a quick question. I noticed on the slide of them, the word caliber is spelt "calibre" but says they were made in Hartford, CT. Can someone explain that to me who knows the history? And Reinhard, the two pistols look to be in great shape

7. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Two more beauties!!!

8. Reinhard

I think that calibre or caliber are both correct spellings
    here's a site where you can find the most important information regarding these colt models
    Colt Model 1902

9. Reinhard

thanks Rock,;),and Johnny357

10. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Reinhard

Thank you for showing us these fine pistols. I enjoy seeing them and thinking of the nostalgia that surrounds them!

Thanks Again!:D

11. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

WOW! Rienhard you did it again. Great finds!

Have you given anymore thought to adopting me?? Just checking, Ken :D

12. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Whoa, whoa, whoa, Ken! Strand in line!:p

13. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

Terribly sorry old chap! Just trying to "keep the horse before the cart" so to speak.

[​IMG]

Besides it is well known in certain circles that I am sorta housebroken already!! ;)

14. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

That picture is hilarious! And the beauty of making fun of the Amish online is that they will never find out.:D

15. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

And the beauty of making fun of the Amish online is that they will never find out.:D[/QUOTE]

M-14 that is incredibly insightful. :) I had never even considered that. I can not appropriately express the joy that the concept gives me.

You have greatly expanded my portfolio of potentially helpless internet targets. For that I am eternally grateful.

Granted you are still a sick puppy, but I like it! :D Ken

PS - Sorry for warping your thread Reinhard, enjoy the new additions! Ken :cool:

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

calibre is the correct spelling of the word. caliber is kinda the ebonics version. its like colour being the correct spelling of color. they changed because it was easier for children in the 70s to learn incorrect spelling than teach the correct english spelling of certain words. cant hurt their feelings.

17. Reinhard

PS - Sorry for warping your thread Reinhard, enjoy the new additions! Ken :cool:[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA,don't be sorry Ken,I like the new additions on this thread:D
    no amish in Europe ,so I am not realy worried about that

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  18. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

M-14 that is incredibly insightful. :) I had never even considered that. I can not appropriately express the joy that the concept gives me.

You have greatly expanded my portfolio of potentially helpless internet targets. For that I am eternally grateful.

Granted you are still a sick puppy, but I like it! :D Ken

PS - Sorry for warping your thread Reinhard, enjoy the new additions! Ken :cool:[/QUOTE]

I'm sensing a "Chit the Amish will never find out about" thread.....

19. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Beautiful old pistols:)