Old rifles

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Rex in OTZ, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Active Member

I came across this sight that had pic's of rifles I knew existed but never saw the pic of.

WWII

top is a Madsen-Rasmusson model 1888
    second is a Madsen-Rasmusson Model 1896 (first recongnized military issue self loader)....way to Go Danes!!
    thrid is the Mendoza Mondragon this obscure rifle was issued in WWI & WWII in no less than 17 nations(mexico/austria-hungary/brazil/chile/vichey france/german empire/weimar republic/natzi germany/republic of korea/empire of japan/peru/republic of china/philippines/peoples republic of china/soviet union/vietnam/lituania)
    Farquar-Hill model 1918 too late for great war
    Bottom was the (cir 1910) Chinese Liu Qing En self loading Rifle this model SN#7 dated 1914 the chinese general behind its development died and program fizzled, 8mm gas operated rifle, prototype tweaked by Springfield Armory/tooling produced by Colt, this a gas trap design based off the Danish Bang Rifle(Way to Go Danes!!) the US Garand was based off of the Bang gas trap theory.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Rex- there is surprising stuff that you stumble over. One of the newer popular pistol rounds is the 40 S&W- but if you look back to about 1912, Colt was developing the 9.8mm ACP. That is pretty danged close to .40 caliber. There were only 2 or 3 guns built, and a very small amount of ammo (I have ONE cartridge)

3. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Active Member

Attached Files:

4. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Active Member

Attached Files:

5. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Active Member

Attached Files:

6. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Active Member

The Howell and The Reider

The need for more fire power by converting existing turn .303 bolt rifles to self feeders

Lee-Enfield SMLE - Gunpedia

Attached Files:

7. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Active Member

Jap Type 4 and Type 5 rifles

I found one photo (photo Bucket) of the Type 4 rifle which looks like a bolt gun with a 20 round mag? its sandwiched between to self feeders but havent found any info on this one.
    The Type 5 is a copy of the US Garand

Some interesting tid bits
    ASSAULT RIFLES AND THEIR AMMUNITION:

Attached Files: