old pinfire revolver

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Trez, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

ive had this gun in my collection for some time. i think its some kind of pinfire revolver. anybody know anything about this? it has B and F with crossed swords inbetween them, the cylinder and barrel have a U with a crown over it. the shell has BB 9 with a "pin" sticking out the side, its about the size 9x18mm. any help would be apprecated.

Attached Files:

2. Hawg

Hawg New Member

Yep it's a pinfire. Yours appears to be a Lefaucheux.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Agree. If not a Lefaucheaux, it is in that style. PS- avoid striking the pin on the cartridge- it is resting on the primer. Recall story of a German Baron wearing a bandolier of 12 g pinfire shotshells that tripped and fell down the stairs........... Film at 11. :rolleyes:

4. Reinhard

Reinhard New Member Supporter

the B ,F with crossed swords stands for "Bayet fréres" from Liege Belgium,crowned U is most likely the proofmark for germany
    they produced guns from 1860 to 1882,the Lefaucheux system was used for their guns ,they also produced rifles
    your gun has the 9mm pinfire caliber

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  5. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

what would it be worth? can i still get bullets for it and shoot it?

6. Hawg

Hawg New Member

There's not much collector interest in them so value isn't much. Maybe 300 or so. I don't think anybody has made ammo for them in 149 years or so. If you find a box it will probably cost more than the gun is worth.

7. Reinhard

Reinhard New Member Supporter

Hawg is correct on the value ,between $300 and $375,I fired a pinfire revolver, the ammo was in very good condition and still had three misfires
    If you find ammo then don't use it,rather keep it as collector's ammo

8. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

thanks for the info!! $300+ more than i expected. that could be a Arisaka or something!!