Old musket how much do you think its worth.

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by ShadowLID, Mar 12, 2010.

1. ShadowLID

ShadowLID New Member

Ok my buddy has 2 old musket pistols. One has silver trim with pearl in it the barrel is like a blunder bust. And the other has gold trim with pearl in it standard barrel. They do not have rifling in them. They both have a lion on the side and have dashed lines below the lion. I just need to know where i could find information on these pistols. Thanks,

Shadow

2. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Pictures

Pictures would help.
    The lion stamp is used by many musket manufacturers, however it would depend on how the lion is portrayed for example The East India Company had a rampant lion. Some of the old tower pistols carried the gold embossed stamps and are worth 10s of thousands of pounds. In reality is more likely to be a reproduction. Hope you are lucky and it is the former.

3. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Yep

thanks cane

4. ShadowLID

ShadowLID New Member

It might be a reproduction. The gold & silver looks real on the guns. And if its a reproduction they did a ****ty job on it lol. The pearl and gold are not in a straight line. But someone cleaned them up. With steel wool it looks like. I know that kills the value i will see if he can get me a picture.

P.S. These muskets came from another country.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  5. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Picture

Post a few pictures and the guys on here will give you chapter and verse