Old Military Boots?!?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by janikphoto, Sep 16, 2012.

1. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

I stopped by an estate sale this weekend, and they had a lot of old military clothing... I think from the late 40's or early 50's. I bought an old OD shirt with the patches still on it, and I noticed some nice, old boots laying there. They looked like they could've been military issue, but I don't know for sure. They DID have the previous owner's ID marked inside, like many GI's did with their gear. So, can anyone ID these boots as military issue or not? I like them a lot, and plan to use them regardless. I'm not big on used shoes, but these had too much character to pass up!

Attached Files:

2. hmh

hmh New Member

If that is metal on the heal than I would say they are military boots. They use metal on the heal to sound better while marching in formation.

3. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

Probably won't help me ID these, since I think they were at least re-healed at some point... maybe re-soled, too?

4. TWMIM

TWMIM New Member

The toe suggests jump boots.

5. TWMIM

TWMIM New Member

These are replicas of your boots.

Attached Files:

• 5945.jpg
      5945.jpg
      File size:
      28.3 KB
      Views:
  6. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

Thanks! I only paid $16 for them, and I love them. Not sure of their collector's value, but I plan to wear these, so I guess it doesn't matter much.

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Those date back to the "brown boot" army of the 1950s and very early 60s, before they changed over to black boots and low quarter shoes. Keep them polished with a good wax polish- Kiwi or Meltonian. Keeps leather in condition and water resistant.

8. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

Yeah, I think he had a cadet book from 1951, so your dating sounds about right.

9. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Neat,but, "never wear a dead mans shoes".