Firearms Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up an gun off a friend who needed a little cash it's a semi-auto model 51-Featherlight 12 gauge 2 3/4 inch chamber made by Ithaca gun co, Ithaca NY. Serial number 510055916 I picked it up for 150 dollars which I thought was a pretty good deal its in about 75% to 80% conditionany ideas what it's worth?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the information this should get me started and yeah I can already see this turning into an obsession

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah now that I have found a little more information on it I've found a good one in new condition is worth about 200-to-230 soo I didn't get a steal at 150 like I had thought but I paid about what it is worth at 75 to 80 percent condition

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
musketshooter said:
I found mine in a pawn shop in new condition. Paid $200 for it.
That's about right for that gun.

I have the o/u model 500 featherlight in 20 ga. I love those old Ithacas they are just good solid guns.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but a lot of 51s that were shot a lot developed issues. I was selling guns back then and they fell out of favor fast. The Ithaca Mag 10s broke parts, and I fixed a lot of those, but I can only remember working on one 51, and I don't remember a thing about it. Some of the Ithaca SKBs were pretty fair guns, but I think they peaked with the 37.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts