Firearms Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever hear of this old shotgun I was just given by my father. It's a double barrel, side by side 12ga, 2 3/4" Sears and Roebuck Eastern Arms shotgun with a PLASTIC stock. I don't imagine it's worth anything but curious if you know something about it, thanks.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Probably manufactured by either J. Stevens Arms, Iver Johnson, Meriden Firearms, or Harrington & Richardson (H&R). The stock is Tenite, not plastic, I have seen em go for around 300 bucks, how good of shape is it in ? Lets see some pictures...........If it was a hand-me-down just hang on to it & pass it on down. Is it shootable ?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Picture?

Yes, wife #1 had one in 20 ga. They were a late 1950's idea.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Its family. Use it! There is absolutely nothing wrong with this gun, it just needs someone to carry it afield.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have never seen a double barrel with a plastic stock. I had a Sears single shot 410 with a plastic stock about 150 years ago when I was a small grasshopper. Crescent made a lot of the old shotguns. The side plate on yours is like my Knickerboker. I don't shot anything but #8 shot in mine.
Hang on to it because there's not many around. Thanks for sharing the photo.

·
Registered
564 Posts
In 1965, I bought an Ithaca 37, new, for $69. So, with regards to the sears double, it probably sold for something like $49 new. The finish is not bad for an old gun, I have some much worse. Oil it and use it. I would not do anything else to it. Messing with it would be like doing a face lift and boob job on a 70 year old granny.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
W. C. Quantrill said:
In 1965, I bought an Ithaca 37, new, for $69. So, with regards to the sears double, it probably sold for something like $49 new. The finish is not bad for an old gun, I have some much worse. Oil it and use it. I would not do anything else to it. Messing with it would be like doing a face lift and boob job on a 70 year old granny.
Well said haha, I plan on using it come fall small game season. Only one prob, it's hard to break open the action all the way, it's kinda stiff.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Looks great, use it, it will get easier to open & shut the more it is used................

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
That is just plain cool. I wouldn't change a thing. Just shoot it and take care of it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have a 1955 J.C. Higgins SXS .410 that my father gave to me in Oct. of '55 with the tenite stock. Still shoots as good as new. Mine was made by Savage/Stevens and their gun was a model 311 but with a hardwood stock.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts