Georgia old gun parts and stocks

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by vanguard, Dec 28, 2016.

1. vanguard

vanguard Member

I am retired and disabled and learning to be a gunsmith and I need parts and stocks to work on and repair, refinish, any cond. is good with me, rust is ok too, nothing is to small just let me know what you have. will pay cash or paypal. Thank you.

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

:subscribed for future offloading:

3. RedRiverII

RedRiverII Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Vanguard, if you would be kind enough to pm me, I'd like to offer you some small parts for Colt SAA's. I have a humble collection of stuff and am asking no money, I just don't want this stuff going by the wayside. Good Luck with the new venture.

4. vanguard

vanguard Member

pm sent, and thank you so much.

5. vanguard

vanguard Member

my humble work shop so far.

Attached Files:

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

That is a giant torque wrench!

7. vanguard

vanguard Member

hey i may have to work on some big guns lol...... i got it for $2.00 at a yard sale lol

8. echo1

echo1 Active Member

vg, if you acquire any Eddystone parts, I need a rear hand guard band. Good luck. PAX

9. vanguard

vanguard Member

10. echo1

echo1 Active Member

11. vanguard

vanguard Member

Great me too. my email is [email protected] Ron.

12. pavogrande

pavogrande Member

Lordy VG how do you expect to work in that shop -- It is too neat

I too have been messin' wi' guns since the late 50's -

I recently moved and although the gunstuff survived it is still scattered among a peck of boxes -
    I am getting too old to finish all these projects so I will pass on some odd bits when they come to light --
    Any specific wants?
    george now in georgia

Attached Files:

13. vanguard

vanguard Member

lol no , i will take it all...lol.....hey i am in commerce, Ga .I was a minister but had to step aside because of my health, I could not deal with all the problems of others and help my wife who now has knee problems and my own health issues, so now I am slowly buying tools, parts, stocks, whatever i can get cheap, i have already fixed a lot of guns for guys in my church and they like my work, i love fixing guns, i just finished a remington model 11 now it is in my collection. i live off my and my wifes ss check and i buy stuff for my gun hobby out of a small check i get from my church every week.

14. echo1

echo1 Active Member

pavogrande,

In your mass of treasures, I don't supposed you have a rear HG band for an M17 Eddystone (doesn't have to be Eddystone marked), the one that goes against the receiver. P14 & P17 are the same too I believe. Any complete M17 stocks & hardware, 03-A3 receiver, milsurp slings, #4 MK1 mags, any milsurp anything? I am trying to get project done before I'm done. PAX

15. pavogrande

pavogrande Member

hi echo -- Modesto right?
    I am going from memory, which is also going --
    I don't think i have that bit -- I think i have an upper guard/bayonet - a couple sights - just looked at my photos -- I think only the sights left
    03 sights, upper guards, sight collar --
    m98 or ? sight -- swede? sight -

not sure if i want to give up on these yet:
    project type 38 jap -- sporter done poorly -good bore, metal good , drilled for receiver sight but needs stock work -- fitted with a non jap stock -
    project - colt 22 lightning -
    project stevens favorite
    project win lo-wall -- action only
    project m93 mauser - action only

Have you got one of these?

Attached Files:

16. echo1

echo1 Active Member

Give me a hint. Gestapo tongue depressor? PAX

17. pavogrande

pavogrande Member

Hi Rev VG -
    I am new to georgia, but not the south - lived in va a long time ago so still speak the language :) - not sure where commerce is -- I am at I-85 and exit 121 -

I will certainly keep you in mind for any and all surplus --
    Do you have any photos of your work?

I am in the process of sizing a shop from a double garage into a single -- a lot of stuff had to be left -- bar stock - nuts and bolts and just a peck of related hardware and a lot of tooling -- Even the boat and auto stuff -- only the gun stuff and reloading stuff made it - well except for a couple boxes the movers "lost" --
    george now in georgia

18. pavogrande

pavogrande Member

It is hard to picture when not in 3 dimensions and my photo skills are exceeded only by my computer skills -- It is for a m1917 though -

19. vanguard

vanguard Member

well george , commerce is off I-85 and exit 147 not to far lol......i have my little shop in my office at home and my bigger tools out in a workshop , the only pics i have so far are from a remington model 11 i just got for $50.00 . I repaired the forend that was broken in half and in bad shape, after 10 days of work it is like new. i reblued and did a few adjustments and it is like new now.

Attached Files:

20. vanguard

vanguard Member

i have no C&R parts at all right now. i am just trying to learn as much as i can and get as many parts and books that i can get cheap so i can spend the rest of my years doing what i love to do which is work on guns and collect them.