Old gun I'm inheriting want to know more

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by Jeremy7486, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Jeremy7486

Jeremy7486 New Member

I'm inheriting this gun I want to know more about it what what it's worth were it came from so on so fourth. It has 3 notches in it to I'm sure they stand for the amount of kills it's had

Attached Files:

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

First- welcome! Glad you found your way to us!

Second, we need good, high pixel closeups of all sides, and any markings. Right now, can say this appears to be a turn-barrel caplock pistol- barrel unscrews, is loaded with a lead ball, loose powder, screwed back on, and a percussion cap placed on the nipple. Cannot offer much more without more info from you.

3. G30USMC

G30USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the Forum !

4. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Many of this type gun were called a 'muff pistols'. Most were made in the 1840's to maybe the 1870's. Many many came from Europe. You will likely never know who made gun as very few had a maker's name. Or know exactly when or where it was made. It will likely (if made in Europe) have some odd stampings of different shapes that might include numbers and letters. These are called proof marks and can be invaluable in getting more information on the gun.

5. jniedbalski

jniedbalski New Member

Is it a single or double barrel. My pistole looks exalted like yours . My gun is a double barrel 36 cal. I bought it in the late 80's early 90's for 35$ now there 170 + $ on price look at Dixie gun they have them

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

6. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Don`t believe that is a screw-off barrel, looks like an Ethan Allen.................We need MORE pictures.

7. jniedbalski

jniedbalski New Member

It is a earthen Allen looks just like my gun it was a kit gun in the 80's and early 90's

8. jniedbalski

jniedbalski New Member

I have 2 Ethan Allen's one a double barrel 36 the other one a 45 target pistole or that's what they called it

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk