Old dude shoots killer at 150+ yds with a handgun

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Seven, Aug 11, 2012.

1. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

2. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

One dirt bag the tax payers won't be supporting in jail.

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

That is what true justice is.

4. zebramochaman

zebramochaman New Member

He isn't related to Hickok45 is he?

5. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Great shot, and I am going to be sure not to be the guy who pisses him off!

6. Sand_Squid

Sand_Squid New Member

The Force is strong in him.

Wonder why this didn't make the news???

7. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Because its a justified shooting with a good end

8. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

4 hits at 150 to 165 yards with a pistol. Nice shooting gramps!

9. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I'm not buying it. I think the news botched this story. My field is 505 yards long. I shoot all the time and I don't see someone hitting a target at that distance... A moving, reacting, human target at 165 yards... 4 of 4 shots? Even with a hunting pistol and a scope, who trains at those distances? Tell me he emptied a magazine and happened to land a shot or two, I can maybe see that. But at almost 2 football fields, your front sight is bigger than a human, and depending on the round, your going to be aiming a bit above the person to account for drop. A moving person too...
    Not saying its impossible, but If true, I believe that God intervened and directed those shots on home, before i believe gramps dusted off the old pistol and nailed that goblin 4 of 4 times at a living moving human, under stress, at 165 yards.

Hell, if I hit that with an AK47 I'd be proud.

10. kem1139

kem1139 New Member

Heck if ya could hit anything with an AK47 you should be proud.. Haha

(just making a joke guys don't blast me for it lol)

11. Sand_Squid

Sand_Squid New Member

Yes it is. Too bad the media won't air stuff like this. The libs would never want how a "Weapon" in the hands of Joe public saved someones life; then the "Weapons" would then be called something less intimidating. The libs can't have that them it would be harder to pass more restrictive gun laws on the Joe public who is a law abiding citizen.
    But yea that's my two cent.

12. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I was amazed at the distance. I can hit a 5 gallon bucket at 100 yards with my 1911. Not 4 out of 4. Maybe 4 out of 10? And nobody was shooting back. I kind of believe it though because they said the guy was shooting back with an AR and couldnt hit him. Not a position I would like to be put in.

I went back and read it again. He said that he hoped the "magnum bullet" would hold together at that distance. I bet it was a .357 mag.

13. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I disagree with some on this issue! The 357 Mag. Cal pistol is perfectly capable of delivering a round at 150 or 165 yards. At 100 yards it only has a 6+ Inch drop. S0 150- 165 is not out of the question. Excessive performance wise is a concern regarding energy but it can be done. I have shot one as well as a 45 ACP and 40 S&W at 50 and 100 yards very accurately on many occasions. So not impossible at all! Seven! Be careful there young man some of us older guys may be old but we are still treacherous and have the wisdom to implement it! I just attended an LE M-14 Rifle Instructor School 5 weeks ago and out shot everyone if I may brag a little out to 500 yards. I did find out a couple of things!:D LOL! The body does not get into the setting, kneeling and other positions as easy as it once did. As well as the ground is getting further down there and the sky is getting farther up there!!!! :D
    Great shooting on the Old Mans performance as well as his willingness to get involve and not just set by and watch the Officer under attack!. Great job on his part!

14. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

How did he do it? With confidence that he was saving another mans life and avenging the innocents already slaughtered.

And heck At 165 yards my grandpa and his 44mag can out shoot me and my -06.

15. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

Mosin:
    I have consistently hit a B-27 target in the upper chest cavity at a measured 100 yards with a S&W Model 19 4" using WW 145gr Silvertips. From the description the suspect was not moving but taking cover from the officers AR while exposing himself to the "Old Dude".

16. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

With a 4in!? Damn man thats some good shooting.

17. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

18. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

Lots of practice. 150' is still good shooting.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012