Old cop 2: Punks 0.

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Hot Sauce NARC, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Hot Sauce NARC

Hot Sauce NARC New Member

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  2. Moss99

Moss99 New Member

If you would like to view this just take the s off the end of the ".htmls" on the link.

3. Hot Sauce NARC

there i think i fixed it.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Apparently, he used enough gun. :cool:

5. Hot Sauce NARC

From what i "Hear" a glock .40

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Kudos to the Chief!

I found the mention of the shotgun being "unloaded" a bit pitiful (how would you know by looking). I know of an idiot who robbed a small bank with a pellet gun & went down for armed robbery when i was in high school. I remember hearing the explanation that the teller thought it was a real gun.

7. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

You are right on there. Not sure why it was even mentioned at all. I certainly wouldn't stop to ask. Discovering after the fact that it was unloaded is absolutely inconsequential to any attempt at prosecution. Proves the bad guy was a total dumbazz, other that mentioning it only shows the media's pathetic attempt to imply the scumbag shouldn't have been shot.

8. mr1911

mr1911 New Member

Everything about this amazes me..........

1st, they break in his home,
    2nd, they have a shotgun,
    3rd, they strangle him,
    4th they aim the gun at him,
    5th, they are investigating possible criminal charges against him?!

Only in the big ILL', could this be common place thinking,....BTW did anyone notice the amount of kool-aid drinking bleeding heart libs comments bellow attacking him and defending the criminals?!

Folks, THIS IS EXACTLY what is wrong with America today!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  9. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

what amazes me are the comments defending these scumbags or trying to say the threat is gone when one of the scumbags turned to run, how would a person know if the scumbag that turned to run doesnt have another gun in his waist band. as far as im concernd the threat is over or gone when all the scumbags are dead.

10. docmagnum357

docmagnum357 New Member

Looks like an open and shut case of self defense, from what we are told. I always warn my students thqt the sheriff, the D.D., the twelve oatmeal for brains idiots who have ben sitting home watching Dr. Phil and Oprah for thre last ten years, have a lot more effect on there lives than Obamma and all the senators in washington. Be care ful who you vote for in these local elections, where and how you spend the rest of your life may well depend on it. And I don't mean Dem or republican, I mean moral character.

11. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Looks like accidental death to me!!

They picked the wrong house!

12. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Taylor not expected to face charges

BY BRIAN L. HUCHEL

DANVILLE — A resident doesn’t need to be attacked first to have the right to defend himself, according to Illinois state law.

The issue of self defense arose this week when retired longtime police officer Max “Mick” Taylor, 58, of Indianola shot and killed two intruders in his home Monday night.

Taylor shot the men, one of whom was holding a shotgun, after the men forced their way in and began to strangle him with their hands.

Vermilion County Sheriff Pat Hartshorn said use of deadly force is authorized when people feel their life or another person’s life is in jeopardy or they are about to receive great bodily harm.

The key in such situations is threat. Statutes indicate a person only must “reasonably believe” their lives or safety is in danger.

“People need to understand that the threat of danger is a serious matter,” Hartshorn said, adding that an offender’s actions have to create the idea of danger.

The sheriff noted he did not believe the incident would cause a jump in local residents opting for firearms to protect themselves.

The issue of what qualifies as self defense became more important Wednesday with the release of new details in the shooting. Hartshorn confirmed that the shotgun carried by one of the suspects during the home invasion was not loaded during the incident.

Hartshorn said, looking at the gun, it is impossible to tell whether the shotgun has a shell in it

Vermilion County State’s Attorney Randy Brinegar said Wednesday he continues to review all reports from the sheriff’s department, but at this point he does not believe there will be any charges filed against Taylor as a result of the shootings.

Brinegar noted that the shotgun without shells has been taken into account up to this point.

The identities of the two suspects were confirmed by the Vermilion County Coroner’s Office, naming 22-year-old Thomas Moore of Georgetown and Peter Chromyn II, 17, of Tilton as the two men killed in the failed home invasion.

The coroner’s office indicated Chromyn, who was holding the shotgun at the time he was shot, died from multiple gunshot wounds to the chest. Moore died of a single gunshot wound, also to the chest.

The final autopsy report will not be complete until toxicology tests results are returned.

Moore and Chromyn were dropped off at the Taylor home just outside of Indianola as part of a planned robbery. The suspects, Hartshorn said, were under the impression the homeowners had money in the two-story home. The men demanded to know where the safe was when they attacked Taylor.

The men followed Taylor’s wife upstairs when she offered them her jewelry. At that point, Taylor retrieved a handgun from inside the bedroom and shot Chromyn as he was leveling the shotgun at Taylor.

The third suspect in the case, Zachary Spencer, 17, of Georgetown was arraigned in circuit court on two counts of home invasion. Bond for Spencer was set at $100,000.

The charges, both Class X felonies, have maximum punishments of 30 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections. One of the charges also carries special penalties with it, adding to the potential maximum prison time.

Spencer, who dropped off Moore and Chromyn at the Taylor home, was arrested by Vermilion County deputies two blocks away.