Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,602 Posts
What's your old unique gun. Mines a Mossberg 151k.

View attachment 74921
I have my grandfather's 151m. Most unique? My Charter Arms AR7. Why? Because it actually works witout Jamming! Also it was a thank you gift from a friend, and the repairs cost me nothing more than my time.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have a few but my favorite Is a Colt Model 1901 "US Army" .38 Long Colt with all matching numbers.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
303tom said:
Four Hundred & Ten...................
I have the 37A in 28.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
How about this one................
Nice rifle!
Tom I have a question,is your rifle a Stevens arms?

The reason i'm asking I have a rifle that looks very close to your rifle and the only markings I can find on mine are below the rear sight on the barrel which says "22 LONG RIFLE" and a P with a circle around it on the left side of the barrel near the receiver.
I have also found the number 76 stamped on the receiver near the block lever near the trigger,I just can't find a Mfg. or model#

I have another rifle that looks similar,only smaller with a shorter barrel and forearm. This rifle has the markings which I know is a Stevens Arms Co. pat. April 1913 on the barrel and on the side of the receiver it says "CRACKSHOT"

I really enjoy old guns and everyones Old Cool Guns pics.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Nice rifle!
Tom I have a question,is your rifle a Stevens arms?

The reason i'm asking I have a rifle that looks very close to your rifle and the only markings I can find on mine are below the rear sight on the barrel which says "22 LONG RIFLE" and a P with a circle around it on the left side of the barrel near the receiver.
I have also found the number 76 stamped on the receiver near the block lever near the trigger,I just can't find a Mfg. or model#

I have another rifle that looks similar,only smaller with a shorter barrel and forearm. This rifle has the markings which I know is a Stevens Arms Co. pat. April 1913 on the barrel and on the side of the receiver it says "CRACKSHOT"

I really enjoy old guns and everyones Old Cool Guns pics.
Yep it`s a Favorite...........

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have my first .22, an Ithaca Model 49 bought in, I believe in 1962 or 63. It is a single shot lever action carbine.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I love old guns.
I have several pristine guns - just bought one this past weekend - but I much prefer an old gun that has seen some use and been knocked around a little - sometimes even a lot. They have a history to them!
And they don't have to be pampered like a pristine gun - trying to avoid any possible scratches or dings - or even unnecessary turns of the cylinder! they become old friends - while the pristine's are "queens" - not to be "molested" - handled much without the thickest of kid gloves...

But old historic or semi historic guns are the best - tons of history there. So much to appreciate. And if you "save" the gun from scratches, you feel you are preserving history - doing your part to protect that bit of shooting history while it is in your very temporary possession.

So my "new" pristine Colt 357 Trooper - even though it actually is old .....why did I buy it again???

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
Evans Repeating Rifle

Well, I can choose from as far back as the 1700's as far as originals and 1300's as far as reproductions go, but for this category it's got to be the 28-round .44 Evans Repeating Rifle...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts