Firearms Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,710 Posts
450 Short? Also known as 450 Adams. 455 Webley is too long.

·
Registered
Glock
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
.455 Webley? Bulldog? Micrometer helpful and can't make out markings. Pistol cartridge? Heck, I don't know. Be a fun place to run a metal detector. All I ever find is bottle caps, nails, and crap. Go back and have fun.
Thanks buddy. I like that metal detector idea. I can't make out any markings on the casing. Really heavy primer strike.

·
Premium Member
4,100 Posts
As you noted, that is a heavy primer strike and a bit obtuse. Just guessing it might be a revolver with an exposed pin on the hammer as opposed to a rifle where strikes should be more straight on. Kinda fun finding things in odd places. Guy I knew long ago got a metal detector & found remnants of civil war stuff that had been burned in a pile - U.S. belt buckle, locks, breech end of a percussion double-barrell, etc. with his metal detector. Landowner ran him off and that was that.

·
Premium Member
15,710 Posts
450 Short/Adams
Bullet diameter.455 in (11.6 mm)
Neck diameter.475 in (12.1 mm)
Base diameter.477 in (12.1 mm)
Rim diameter.510 in (13.0 mm)
Case length.69 in (18 mm)
Overall length1.10 in (28 mm)
Rifling twist1:16
Primer typeboxer

Reactions: ShooterMedic72

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Something I see in the pictures...might just be the pictures, or perhaps the case is worn, but the edge of the rim looks rounded, not flat or squared off. Dunno if that means anything or not.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
I will when I get back. Traveling for work. More exact measurements to come but I can tell you a .45 ACP bullet fits somewhat loosely...
Probably a 450 adams/short then. 45 ACP bullet will not fit in a .442 Webley case. Sure looks like the diameter is smaller than the ACP case in the pic--I might need to get my eyecrometer calibrated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts