Old 80s antique

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by cddbrowns, Mar 26, 2011.

1. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

[​IMG]

LOL! Sorry, I had to. It sits in my display cabinet in the "play room"

2. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Is that a Transformer?

A friend of mine has a serious TF collection, and his wife has a serious Strawberry Shortcake collection. They were made for each other.

3. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Never thought of anything 80's as old. It isn't old till it was made in the 40's. :D

4. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Yessir, it is. Soundwave to be exact. These things in original boxes are worth TONS of money, most toys from the 80s are. Star Wars and G I Joe figures are insane.

5. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Hasn't been that long ago I used stuff like that for targets.

6. Reinhard

Reinhard New Member Supporter

looks like he is holding an automatic pistol,but I geuss it's just my imagination:D

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I used to have 40-50 of them back in the day. Never realized how much they could be worth and just gave them away haphazardly :eek:

8. m72law

m72law New Member

i remember havingsound wave when i was kid...will it still play cassette's?thats awsome!!

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Old '80s antique???????????

10. Reinhard

Reinhard New Member Supporter

hahaha,born early sixties ,I must be prehistoric and so are the thunderbirds
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  11. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Hence the "LOL!"

12. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

That looks strangely like

[​IMG]

Derka derka!

13. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Sherpa sherpa sherpa, ah bakala, derka derka derka mohamed jihad.

14. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Soundwave Superior....... hes my fave transformer! im selling mine to buy some more WWII stuff. i used to have all his little tapes as well but they sold... (i even had blaster and most of his tapes...)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  15. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

My sister and her daughter (my 19 year old niece) have a serious beanie babies collection that they insist is worth some serious money. Back when the niece was perhaps 6 or 7 and my boys were very young my mother gave each of the grandchildren a BB (beanie baby, not a gun:D) and my sister nearly had a heart attack when I pulled the tags off (a serious no-no for a collector) and yelled at me "Do you know how much those are worth with the tags on??!! You just ruined their value!!!" And I responded with "They are worth exactly as much as smiles the boy's faces. Perceived value means nothing compared to that in my mind."

She could not grasp the fact that they are only "worth" what somebody was willing to pay for them. Kind of like gun collectors who insist on collecting guns that have never been fired. I never got that mindset.