Oklahoma open carry law.

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Big-Nasty, May 14, 2012.

1. Big-Nasty

Big-Nasty New Member

What's your opinion on the new open carry law the governor's fixing to sign?
    I'm excited!

2. bwalka

bwalka New Member

I think it's good and bad. I live in Oklahoma and fully support the open carry they just are some reprocusions that I think would happen.

3. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

Like what? Ive been out of OK for many years now but it was very gun friendly when I left.

4. bwalka

bwalka New Member

Old west style abhor outs. You may think no that couldn't happen there are some pretty stupid people that would do that. And one person knowing you have a gun and them provoking you to draw so they can shoot you. Don't get me wrong when it's signed in I'm gonna open carry

5. bwalka

bwalka New Member

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I live in Oklahoma, my grandpa is/was one of the senators that passed the self defense act. I think it will be a good thing as long as they still keep the conceal carry option. I will continue to carry concealed, i dont like any attention drawn to me "good or bad"

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Why? Are you going to strut around with a big iorn on your hip :rolleyes:

8. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I live in MO and we can open carry and ya I admittedly do open carry more often than not but I live in a TINY town where most people carry. Even if its left in their car most of the time. We openly have guns all around in my town. People see me at the creek or river that are from big towns/cities freak out over my guns but they are ignored until they find a snake or such. Then they are glad of me and my guns. So I say good for OK but it will be another one of them things of your judgement and level headedness is a big factor.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

9. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

It's his choice, just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong. It's really depressing to see gun owners harping on the guys that want to open carry.

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Wasn't "harping" -
    Don't really care if it depresses you enuff to drink yourself to death---------
    A lot of folk have a reason to just open carry---No big deal in the right place -
    MOST than can THESE DAYS just do because to compensate :rolleyes:

11. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Who gets to decide what the right place is? You? Sorry harping might not have been the right word, more like bitching.

12. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Guess you missed the part about my not careing :confused:

13. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Why are you posting if you don't care?

14. AZL

AZL New Member

Ahhhh....."Big Iron"...Marty Robbins. Classic.

15. danolator

danolator New Member

It sure ain't for me. I think it will attract more trouble than it will prevent.

16. AZL

AZL New Member

Good for Oklahoma.

I totally support the RIGHT to carry openly (or concealed...whatever your personal choice is). I just question the SMART of open carry in urban areas. Out in the sticks...it's much more convenient to carry open, for sure. But in town, I prefer to keep it concealed.

17. Big-Nasty

Big-Nasty New Member

Dam straight. I'll be the only John Wayne left in this town.

18. bwalka

bwalka New Member

500 magnum 11 1/2 inch barrel for open carry

19. bwalka

bwalka New Member

Does anybody know if you could open carry a lever action pistol like a Henry mares leg or a Rossi ranch hand

20. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I have mixed thoughts about open carry if we ever get it in Texas. I personally don't like a lot of attention coming my way. I don't wear loud clothes, have a crazy hairdo (don't have much hair anyway :) ) or such as that. As a salesman, I learned to dress 'vanilla'.

Anyway, when/if they do adopt open carry here, there will be a lot of folks that won't know it's been made legal, so you can expect a lot of stares, etc from some & maybe even some "he's got a gun" 911 calls. If you live in one of the liberal meccas, there will be harrasment from law enforcement because their mayor doesn't agree with the law.

On the other hand, it would be one more small step toward removal of the 'infringements' that our government has illegally forced on us over the years. For that reason, I feel that if we are given the opportunity, we should exercise it. Until it becomes widely accepted, those that are brave enough to do it will be catching it, but will be doing us all a favor.