Okay you Rednecks and Cowboys

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ShagNasty1001, Nov 2, 2013.

1. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

1) how many have done this in general?

2) how many have done it in a bar?

3) where do I learn??

I'll try and post the video later. This happened last night when some buddy's took me out to a local country bar

Attached Files:

2. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Was that the Gay boys in the Texas Rodeo..................You didn't say............most cowboys rode mares when out in the boonies.....lol..........Just kidding............;)

3. artbrownsr

artbrownsr Forum Chaplain Lifetime Supporter

I jumped on MY calf when I was 5 years old, he was about 3 months old. I landed on my face and chest and he stepped on my neck, if he'd been much older I probably would not be on the internet now!
    Where to learn? Some western colleges have interscholastic rodeo events.

4. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Haha nooo it was in the middle of Oklahoma City so no boonies or gay boys from Texas ;) it was a you can pay 55 bucks and have the ride of your life if you have your own gear

5. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Maybe you should learn to not insult people with your "Redneck" and "Cowboy" remarks.:(
    Those of us on the forum who live in the "Cowboy" state would like to invite you to a branding and castration corral.:D;)

Attached Files:

6. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I live in a cowboy state :D

7. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

If you were ready to get on a live bull you would know a farmer who owns bucking stock. Farmers who own bucking stock are a dime a dozen. I know two farmers with bucking stock. I am 30 years past being fit enough to ride a bull. Ever hear of a high school rodeo?

8. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Ive rode calves back home when I was in 9th to about 2th grade for fun. but never a live big one. :eek:
    And I have climbed onto a fake one in a night club a few times. All my friends back home who ever got into rodeo'ing always had broken ribs, wrists, etc.,

9. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Anna, is there anything you have not done??? :)

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I agree here. Most bull riders are physically "old" way beyond their years.

11. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Saw a pro bull rider interviewed on TV once asked why he rode bulls. Answer, he was, "too lazy to work and too nervous to steal".

12. artbrownsr

artbrownsr Forum Chaplain Lifetime Supporter

She's an "Alaskan"! What a lot of folks fail to realize is THAT is a mental thing first. You are mentally and physically prepared to do whatever it takes to get the job done. That means you gather ALL your experiences and keep them in your kit bag.
    Every time you get a chance to add an experience you JUMP ON IT.
    I have not met her but as a fellow that's been around some of these blocks and know a quite a few of these Alaskan women, my advice is DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THEM!!!

13. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

yeah, duh, rode a big one with horns and broke ribs, etc :p
    When growing up in the country on a farm, one does many different things than the city slickers do for fun. Riding calves was always good for a few laughs until the momma saw us.

14. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Yep, exactly. Most walk with limps and have bad backs, you really want to do that Shag?

15. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Hey man do what you love, love what you do. If you want to go ride a bull for a while, go ride a bull. Realize its a short lived career before you tear something up, and have fun with it anyway.

I remember seeing a guy come down wrong on a big bull at one of our guns 'n hoses rodeos. Face first into the bulls head. There was a 10 foot high fence covered in black tarp. He flew up so high his feet ended up higher than the top rail of the fence. It was freaky. Shattered his jaw and knocked quite a few teeth out and did god knows what to his neck. I never heard exactly what.

He rode again as soon as he was done with the therapy. That's the kind of attitude you gotta have.

16. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i won't sugar coat it one bit. bull riding is dangerous and extremely rough on your body. bull riders have been seriously injured, paralyzed and even killed riding bulls. most bulls used in pro rodeos come from stock that is bred for bull riding. they are large and have nasty tempers to begin with before you ever crawl up on their backs. when you get up on them, they want you off and will want to stomp all over you when they get you off.

the career span of a pro bull rider is very short for most of them because of the damage they sustain to their bodies. and it's not about if you get hurt, but when and how bad.

with all that said, watching the pro bull riders at the rodeo was by far my favorite part. it takes a lot of nerve and courage to climb up on abull and ride them. i have a huge amount of respect for what they do.

17. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Not as a career! Haha just once or twice and be content with saying I've done it. My tiny self couldn't handle it too much

18. txpossum

txpossum New Member

One of my favorite bike events used to be the Four Corners, held near Durango Colorado. The first year my buddy and I went up there, they had a "biker rodeo", where the bikers rode real bulls. We heard them announce the last year's champion, who had stayed on for something like four seconds.

My though was that if the winner hadn't stayed on for more than four seconds, things did not bode well for me, who had never been closer to a bull than a tough steak. The thought of the thousand mile ride back with a broken arm or leg did not seem appealing.

But, while I didn't ride a bull, we did make the trip home, from Durango Colorado to Fort Worth Texas, in one straight run of 21 hours.

19. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Ever done any bareback riding?

20. racer_x

racer_x New Member

The term COWBOY UP comes to my mind. Like axxe said its not if your gana get hurt. You are gana get hurt its having the balls to get back on it. cowboy up baby. I know 2 old pro riders. One got out before permanent damage. The other his right hand is way bad off, well they both limp.
    I admire the hell out of them and the upmost respect, my son wants to mutenbust Im still not to sure if I want him in the lifestyle. Im the scared dad I don't want any harm to come to him and I know it will!!!

edit opps forgot Ive done the bar bulls and 55 gallon drum with 2 ropes and 4 guys holding the ends.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013