Okay, second piece acquired...

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by BeyondTheBox, Nov 19, 2011.

1. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Just picked up the LCP to add to the Ruger family. Wow this thing is tiny. I thought the LC9 was small, but this sucker is an ankle biter... Anyway, getting a chance to shoot it in an indoor range in a couple of weeks, can't wait to see how she performs.

2. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Any others out there with this little sucker? Love to hear some user experiences... I know its generally considered a womans piece, but I'll take anything to hold me over until I can fire mine.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Here's my daughter's Elsie Pea on my Colt Defender.

It's a little dog with a big bite!

I'd much rather shoot the Colt mouse gun rather than the extremely light weight 380 LCP.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  4. patches

patches New Member

Yes it is. Brace youself. I had trouble gripping it when I shot it and was not expecting the recoil.

5. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Sweet, kind of excited to try it.

6. nccinstaller

nccinstaller New Member

I have one and its a great carry piece on hot days but i can attest to its recoil. I let my girlfriend shoot it one time and she was like yeah i will just keep shooting the mark 2 lol

7. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

its got to be the small frame and recoil spring thats the cause of this kick.

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'm kind of interested in an LCP. Keep the reviews and opinions coming.

9. nccinstaller

nccinstaller New Member

Yeah they weigh next to nothing even loaded lol. And as for recoil springs they actually have 2. When u field strip it (which is super easy btw) when u remove the guide it has a smaller spring inside a bigger both the same length

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Nope, it's the physics.

Energy vs Mass (the law of conservation of momentum.)

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

that was pretty much my experience. i found it unpleasent to shoot difficult to control. not something i would feel comfortable as a ccw piece. the one i got to shoot was accurate but not a fun gun.