OK, You Were Right

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Thebiker, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

1911 are indeed a addicting item. I have had and routinely carry a STI Spartan full size and love it.

But I was thinking, I have 2 .380's, 2 9mm's, 2 Blackhawks (.44 & .45) but only on 1911......

So you know what happened:

Yep, another one had to come home with me, this time a Sig in SS. This one is the commander size, 4.2" barrel. I have only put 2 mags through at work (it is good to work at a shooting range / gun shop) when it came in Thursday. Won't have time to get back and get serious with it for about another week.

The wife is headed into the hospital tomorrow for a hip replacement. Day surgery with a recovery time of only 2 to 4 weeks. Hip replacements have come a long way in the last 10 years.

So, once she is up and about I'll get back to the range and see what this 1911 will do. Initial impression was good but it has large shoes to fill. My STI has a match grade barrel and the smoothest 3.5 lb trigger ever thanks to a friend that is a gunsmith.

Attached Files:

2. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Very nice Sig. Hope your wifes surgery goes well.

3. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

Thanks FH00. Wife's surgery went extremely well. Admitted Monday morning, total hip done at noon, discharged from hospital Tuesday at 3pm.

Damn, I worked in medicine for a total of 37 years, always in labs, managing 7 labs scattered around the Boston area for the last 10 years of my career. I remember when a hip replacement took hours to do (this one was 90 min and used no blood) and used 6 to 8 units of blood and you were in the hosp for 10 - 12 days. Good I love technology:).

So, if everything goes well, maybe I'll get that new Sig to the range Thursday morning. There are 300 rounds just waiting to go to down range:D.

4. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Great to hear that your wifes surgery went well!! It's incredible on how technology has change medicine and surgery!! Next report should be a range report.;)

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Excellent news on the wife Biker!! Congrats on what appears to be another fine addition to the safe as well.

The 1911 is an addiction you never see coming, and then BAM! Your safe is crawling with them, your wallet has been plundered and your credit cards are missing. :eek: