OK so what do you all think!

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by SigArmored, Mar 6, 2013.

1. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

I've been looking around and at first was thinking Sig 220.(Hoss is gonna be real proud)Then I started looking at 1911's and got a feel of a few,was allowed to slip one into my carry position and fell in love with the fit.Ok so I took a sip and now I gotta have more of the koolade.After searching high and low for the last two months I found the two that are being considered for take home and I need you're help and expertees in deciding.

ForumRunner_20130306_114110.jpg
    Colt lightweight commander
    Or

ForumRunner_20130306_114236.jpg
    Sig Sauer c3
    There's about a $200 dollar difference between the two,the Sig being the more expensive of the two ,any input would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

2. cmahan

cmahan New Member

I got the sig c3 with crimson trace, the same one in your pic, it's a great gun and once I got it broke in it is now my everyday carry, I love it, I got several 1911s but this one is my favorite for carrying, you won't be disappointed with it

3. Olympus

Olympus New Member

My vote goes to the Sig. The checkered front strap will make a world of difference on grip while shooting. I don't believe the Colt had the checkering. And the black coating that Sig uses on the frame is very durable. My brother has a C3 and I love that gun.

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

No brainer!!!! COLT :D

5. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Who wants a boring old Colt when you can have something with some style?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Does anyone else think that the "Warning - This gun has a laser on it which could harm someones eyeball. Don't point it at people." is a stupid warning?

Uh hello???? IT'S A GUN! If I have to point it at someone the laser is gonna be the last thing they should be worried about.

7. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Get the Colt as a Sig isn't a 1911. NO 1911 has an external extractor. I own 50+ 1911's and not a single sig. Do have a S&W and it is a great shooter but never shoot it much. Just my opinion I know. Plus Colts will hold there resale WAY better.

8. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Gotta disagree with this. The 1911 design has evolved over the years. Minor changes do not mean the gun is still not a 1911. By your reasoning, any 1911 with a Series 80 safety mechanism would not be considered a 1911. Colt most certainly included!

You can make the case that any design change from the original M1911 configuration. This includes ambi safeties, beavertail safeties, FLGRs, picitinny rails, bobtail frames, etc, etc. You can't ignore other changes and only focus on the extractor as the one thing that disqualifies a gun as being a 1911. Mechanically and functionally, internal and external style make no change to the operation of the gun. Now the Series 80 safety does alter the mechanics of the gun. That's a much more significant change to the gun than an external extractor.

9. new_girsan_1911

new_girsan_1911 New Member

Take the colt add grips if ya want something flashy and its still a better buy as resale will hold up if you ever decide to get rid of it. Yeah right who gets rid of a Colt? :-D

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

The original hi power as designed by browning had an internal extractor. Later was changed to external.

Means nothing to me. Mine has an internal, but that wasn't the deciding factor anyway.
    I have a lowered and flared ejection port. THAT'S not in the original design.

11. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

Quite honestly the last gun I sold I regretted doing so.Lesson learned so I strongly doubt I will sell any others down the road.

12. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Hilarious.

13. getem2011

getem2011 New Member

Of those two? Colt for sure. Used, u may be able to score a deal on something better than the colt for around the same price. Just something to consider.

14. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

But they're not :p

15. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I just mean that you can't pick one particular design change and say that is the reason it's not a 1911. Internal or external, the gun still operates the same way.

Not the case with the Series 80. I can think of at least 3, maybe 4 new parts that were added because of that change. That's a pretty significant design change compared to an external extractor, not to mention it changed the operation of the gun slightly.

I just see to many people get hung up on the external extractors while Colt and others tend to get a pass on the Series 80 safety. And throwing around incorrect comments about what is supposedly not a "real" 1911 is something that needs to be corrected. We don't want to be spreading misinformation on here if we can help it.

16. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Now you know i'm a serious 70 series fan so i was yankin chains ;)

17. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I gotcha now. Thanks Hoss!

18. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I'm a huge sig fan. But when it comes to a 1911. You just can't call anything that isn't made in America a 1911.

19. cmahan

cmahan New Member

Are you saying sig ain't made in America, your kinda rite, it wasn't but now it is