Ok, so I am getting the "weapons" out of the way

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by cddbrowns, Jun 12, 2011.

1. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Just ordered one of these

[​IMG]

and one of these.

[​IMG]

Also have these

[​IMG]

And these

[​IMG]

Now I need to start working on my BOB and my INCH bag. At least I got the most expensive out of the way!!!!

2. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Nice setup! I'm digging that M4.

3. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

4. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Im Never Coming Home.

5. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Thank you sir!

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Nice collection. Now start building up your ammunition supply. I mean lots of ammo. Those are some sweet guns, but they become blunt instruments without ammo.

7. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

I have about 200 rounds of .40, 150 rounds of .45, 150 rounds of 5.56 and 50 rounds of Super X 12 guage 00. I am still building, but I was wondering what you guys thought of the blow gun by Cold Steel. Ordered it yesterday, always fascinated by them, and this one seems to be the best and comes with 35 darts. Would be great for trying to stay "quiet" while hunting small game. Worth it? I mean, I just ordered the .22 so I have that at least for any other occasion, but the blow gun is strong enough for a walking stick till I need it for hunting or whatever.

8. CA357

I don't have a clue about the blowgun. I think I might want to pick up a small crossbow at some point.

9. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

You need a compound bow. They are not silent but quieter than a .22 and the "ammo" is reusable (as long as you can find them!). Bows take more practice than guns do though. But I can kill a deer at 50 yards.

Your ammo "stocks" need to have at least one or more zeros on them. The amounts you say you have are less than what I bring to the range for a day (three shooters).

10. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Oh yeah, don't go cheap on a bow. They are like guns only more so. This is one I have seen but I do not own (it is on my wish list to replace my 25-year old Martin) tnt, archery, revolution, bow, compound,

It is incredibly compact, as a matter of fact when I first saw one I thought it was a child's bow (seriously) but it is not. It is also field serviceable and the field service parts are available.

You can expect to spend upwards of $900 or more for a full setup. Like I say, don't go cheap.

11. Caoimhin

Caoimhin New Member

12. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Hmm never heard that one before. I have some inch saddlebags for my Shadow that stay packed indefinitely.

13. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

If you have a Class III permit, I'd recommend some suppressors or silencers too. Or at least learn how to make a basic one, since laws won't really supply if the SHTF.

14. CA357

Think about a minimum of 1,000 rounds per handgun and 5,000 rounds per long arm. ;)

15. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

This is going to take a while.........I am married to the spending Nazi!

16. CA357

Just pick up a bit at a time and build your supply that way. Buy two boxes and shoot one and store the other. Just stash it and pretend it doesn't exist. Next time before a range trip, do it again. After a while, you'll have a pretty good ammo supply put back.

Keep an eye out for sales and stock up as much as you can at those times.

17. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I ordered one to try on one of my cats or a chicken, but I obviously haven't learned to use it very well yet, because they're still pestering the crap out of me. :eek:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  18. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Or start reloading and you'll reach your goals in no time, having fun doing it!

19. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Next Tax return I am getting my complete setup for just that. I cant wait!

Just ordered this as well, the start of my BOB!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

My boys bought a couple of those packs at a swap meet awhile ago (they paid $25 each) and they have been outfitting them since then. Today I went to move one of them and the dang kid has 50 pounds worth of stuff in there!