Ok relying on your experience once again FTF would you trade a

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Gh0zt36, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Ruger P345 and 50$ with 2 magazines and 2 magazines through it for my Dan wesson mod 15-2 .357 with 2.5" slabside extra heavy and 4" vent heavy barrels

2. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Actual value on those Dan Wesson convertibles are less than what most will try and lead you to believe.

Last one I bought from a shop for $250 just 2 years ago, and all the online merchants and auction sites had them priced at $450+.

What do you have in the ruger?

3. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

the dan wesson is mine ..... and the ruger will be the new to me trade .

I got a old mod 10 k frame .38 with a broken exctractor and with the new barrel 400 for the dan so 400 plus whatever a needs repair mod 10 S&W .38 with bad finish is worth .....

The ruger reportedly has 2 clips through it and was safe queen for the rest of its life ....

4. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

I'm not a fan of P series Rugers, I wouldn't do it.

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

my friend owns that ruger. personally its okay. but i dont think its all that great. i think the sr9c is way better. but he likes it. ive never shot a dan wesson. its mostly up to what you want i suppose

6. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

if its a good gun its just a matter of whether i want a slower round ... the .45 has lower energy lower velocity then a .357 mag but that might make it a more manageable CC weapon and the advantage of having a automatic is apparent also. although there is no failure to fire or Failure to feed clearing or failure to extract issues in a revolver if you hit a dud just keep pulling to you get a live one .

But no matter what I did : Different grips , the Dan is just too much firearm to conceal the grips poke out my shirt like crazy . and while accidental printing isn't illegal anymore its not good to have what looks like a howitzer poking out your side either and I think an automatic would fix that.....

Im really torn because auto's and revolvers BOTH have attributes I like. I'm a wheel gun man myself but something thats def gonna be a one hitter quitter like the .357 are just sooo cumbersome..

I've been trying to trade my PT-22 with 400 rds pearce grips extra magazine and bore snake for a .38 either S&W or ruger lcr gun only but to no avail

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I'd keep the DW-
    Lots of luck trading the pt 22 :eek:

8. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I'd keep the DW

9. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I would not sell the DW. You had FTF with a dw. It could be the ammo you have ,the primers or just needs a new 4 dollar hammer spring. Wolff ,EWK at the dw forums and Blue Ridge Blueing and CZ all have the in stock. the ruger is worth around 250. You do releaze the grips mount on a post and can be very small and still work. Check out the stock dw 14 series grips at CZ. AND you can shoot 38+P for defence even 38 wadcutters for practice. They don't kick with them at all and you can buy a 2 1/2" barrel from EWK at the dwforum.