Ok , lets be frank here..!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dango, Jun 13, 2013.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

When I said I'd post a video , Friday , the 31 rst , I meant every word.! I was way rushed to do this cause my wife would be back from Fl. And we are not getting along.!

NOT GETTING ALONG is putting it ...(LIGHTLY).! I knew she would make things very tough , it's her I-Pad.!

I sweet talked into helping me do the video , with (HER) I-Pad and now find our it is about two hairs from impossible to post a 3 minute , 1 second video without
    Be a 52% share holder in (YOUTUBE) ....!

I have been to two techs. ..! One says , to leave the (CADGET) overnight..!
    Wife says , "NO WAY" .....Hmmmm....!

I am not coming back until that damn-Ed video is posted..!

why did no one tell me how hard this would be...?

THAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNKS...!

2. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

ok.. Hi everybody I'm Frank... I'm also a video illiterate.. (casts down mike and walks away with head bowed and kicking rocks....)

3. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

A lot of posted vids as far as the net goes has to do with format. Youtube should be converting them to FLV format but I' have seen where people trying to upload an AVI got errors. Maye changing the format would help. To be truthful though I have never uploaded a vid to YouTube. Most android phones make video in 3GP format and those seem to not have much trouble uploading to the net. I am very anti apple everything but I would think with their popularity it would not be a lot of trouble with their formats (MP4). Unless the audio is not compressed well making the file really big.

The thing with video is there are actually two things going on. You have the video in whatever the frame rate per second might be along with an audio format that can take up HUGE amounts of space depending how it was made to begin with. Some AVI video files can take up as much as a meg per second if the audio was not compressed (WAV) that si there with the video.

YouTube is not supposed to have trouble with any of the available video formats..
    They say. But it's not the first time I've hears of people having problems.

I found this wikihow about posting there. Maybe it will help.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Upload-a-Video-to-YouTube

4. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

It was on a need to know basis... I had no need and you don't know! :D:D:D

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

Dango, I have to say this, and a lot of people may disagree. It's Apple's fault. Nothing they create, "plays well with others".

Really, if it weren't for just the "cool factor" of their gadgets, I think they'd go out of business.

They're like the government. "Look, I know we've made your life a living hell for so long, but THIS is gonna fix it, I promise!"

6. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I feel for Dango, Ive been a Tech guy for almost 30 years and I still find the process of uploading and transferring files a drag. Too damn many, versions, formats, Sizing issues and compatibility problems. Yes, My Granddaughter can figure it out; its not like she has much of anything else to do (Jokish)!!!!

7. MattShlock

MattShlock New Member

I could be frank...
    ...but I'd rather be ernest.

Forget the video.

8. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Refer to knew post..! .........?...! :confused:

9. HankStone

HankStone New Member

I don't know how to post a picture much less a VIDEO.,

10. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

My apple ad...Sure it's not as good..but at least it costs more!

11. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I've been geeking it up a while and nothing is more nerve wracking than incompatible files. It used to be a lot worse and now with the rising popularity of Linux it will probably get there again. nix is pretty cool though for the I want to make it my way crowd. But try telling someone you don't do zip or rar and have tar.tz ----> :confused: <----- Yeah...That's the look. I still admin on a couple p2p nets and get to see all the new goodies form this or that. Keeping up with new video and audio codecs is a pain though.

From what I've been gathering from my youtube friends is the 3GP from an android phone seems real friendly with Youtube. I guess one could find some type of file convert software and see about making them the youtube flv format to begin with. Most my vids I upload to facebook or my photobucket. They seem to take everything.

12. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I installed 4 AV pieces today for 3 different artists for A film Seminar that is running here for the next week. glitches with the 2 running on Video players, the two running off DVD's went perfect. The rep to the artists will be dinking with the compression and rates half of the night. I told him I would see him in the morning.

I can buffer, mirror, project, display, communicate, amplify and manipulate any signal going in or out of a Computer but I dont do the insides; Software, Firmware or anything to do with the computer itself, we have 35 other people that do that. I Prefer to work outside the box; less competition, just my junior techs.

13. oddessy

oddessy New Member

As for solution, I suggest AppGeeker video converter, it converts anything to anything.
    http://www.ilikemall.com/topics/convert-3gp-to-flv-mac.html

14. AR10

AR10 New Member

Putting video on you tube from an iPhone or an android smartphone is easy and almost effortless, there are apps for that. Most smartphones, that app (feature, function) is built in.

Get an account with You Tube, record a video on your smartphone or tablet, and while you are looking at your video, one option is, upload to You Tube.

The hard thing is not posting videos, but saving copies of something you like.

Easiest way to do that, is a browser called Foxfire, with an add on to save You Tube videos to a PC or laptop.

15. tri70

tri70 New Member

I post from my iPhone and load directly to YouTube if I want. I can do the same with my last phone, a Droid. I like the Droid features better.