OK, I'll be next then!

Discussion in 'Florida Gun Forum' started by Snakedriver, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Well hell, if we are going to have State Forums I definitely want to be in on the Florida one.

I'm over in Naples on the Gulf side. I shoot at the State run gun range up on the Babcock Ranch in Punta Gorda just off I-75. It's a pretty good place to shoot. The Range Officers are friendly and helpful, but they could use a few more lanes on the pistol range. The waiting lines get pretty long many times.

Ya'll take care!!! :cool:

2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

On the borderline of Orlando; shoot at Oak Ridge for thirteen dollars all day. Indoor range clean, hospitable, and brand new.

3. flbandit

flbandit New Member

I'm just north of Lakeland, usually shoot at Tenoroc or Saddlecreek.

4. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

Anyone ever try Gander Mountain's indoor range in Lake Mary?

5. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

A buddy of mine did. They go through a lot of prep before you do shoot, and it was $25 per hour when he shot. He since has done the simulations, and thinks they are a better deal.

6. pdbonds

pdbonds New Member

I shoot at the Lake Mary Gander Mtn, really nice facility, knowledgeable staff and instructors. Do you have a question?

7. DevilDawg235

DevilDawg235 New Member

I also go there!

8. crgm101

crgm101 New Member

Well there's to people from Naples now I love Babcock cheap and safe more lanes would be nice.

9. BadBob

BadBob New Member

Good to have a local/Florida forum here. I'm in Brevard County.

I'm looking for a competent gunsmith around here; a few years back I heard about one and tried him, be he was not really a gunsmith and couldn't fix a minor problem, in fact he refused to even try. He was more of a cleaner & accessory installer.

10. crgm101

crgm101 New Member

Your near Orlando shouldn't be hard to find one. Bwe firearms seems to have a lot of people recommending them on the net and a 1/2 drive is worth quality work I would think.

11. crgm101

crgm101 New Member

1/2 hour drive

12. BadBob

BadBob New Member

I'll probably have to look over there, but I'd rather find someone closer in Brevard County.

13. Dick_M15

Dick_M15 New Member

OK, I'll be next then

I'm in Naples and as mentioned before the state park is a good choice but decent ride. The CCSD range is open to the public the first and thrid Saturdays of each month. Pistols only and there is no cost.

About eight (8) or (9) deputies act as range masters and are very helpful.

Check out the following:

http://www.colliersheriff.org/index.aspx?page=1981

Dick

14. BREAKFAST4

BREAKFAST4 New Member

There is also Cecil Webb gun range at the tucker's grade exit on 75 in Punta Gorda. Cost is $3 per visit or buy your WMA Pass from FWC and you can access any WMA (wildlife management area) in Florida for 1 year.

15. avordman

avordman New Member

I'm in Jacksonville and shoot at Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club. They have a multitude of outdoor rifle and pistol ranges and an indoor airgun range. The annual membership is a little over $100.00 per year for unlimited use. Also have a 100 yard range at the hunting club that I belong to so I have plenty of places to let the lead fly.

16. fapprez

fapprez New Member

I'm over here in Largo. That's just west of Tampa in Pinellas County. I shoot at Shoot Straight (old Knights) or Wyoming Antelope Club...When I get to shoot :(

17. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Ft. Lauderdale area, Broward County;

Ranges:

Weston Arms
    7080 West State Rd 84, Davie, Florida 33317-7368, (954)577-7775
    NEW Indoor
    http://www.westonarms.us/home.html

Revere Gun Range
    601 Northeast 28th Street, Pompano Beach, FL 33064-5453 (954) 942-3777‎
    OLD, HOT, Indoor, rapid fire OK and one of my sentimental favorites. They got the AC fixed!!

National Armory
    1315 SW 1st Court, Pompano Beach, FL 33069 (954)915-8226
    NEW gun shop with state-of-the-art Indoor Range. Expensive and still hot in the summer.
    http://nationalarmory.info/

Guns and Knives, Inc. - Arizona Shooting Range
    4325 N. State Road 7, Fort Lauderdale, FL. 33319 (954) 735-8829
    OLD, HOT, Indoor

Tide Line
    407 North Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301-3213 (954) 462-8366‎
    OLD, HOT, Indoor

Bass Pro Shops / Islamorada Fish Company (great restaurant)
    200 Gulf Stream Way, Dania Beach 954-929-7710
    Hot Indoor piss-poor ventilation!
    http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...catalogId=10001&langId=-1&appID=94&storeID=16

Markham Park
    16001 W. State Rd. 84, Sunrise, FL Call to confirm hours (954)389-2005
    Always Hot, Outdoor
    http://www.markhampark.com/

18. ricepaddydaddy

ricepaddydaddy New Member

I'm north of Jacksonville near the state line. I sometimes go to the indoor range at 2nd Amendment in Yulee.
    I also have used the state range at Osceola national Forest in Lake City, but the range at Dixon WMA south of Waycross, Georgia is closer. Georgia recreational permit needed, but it's only $20 per year.
    I've thought about Gateway in Jax, but that's a little too expensive for me.

19. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Near Naples. Louland at Port of the Islands. Covered outdoor pistol with 50 & 100 yd rifle. $25 per day. Skeet, trap, and sporting clays available at adjacent club.

20. josh_howard

josh_howard New Member

I'm in the manatee country area. I usually shoot on my property or a friends property