Ok , I don't wanna reduce the lb'age on my trigger but I would like to .......

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Gh0zt36, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Remove all the slop out of it you have to pull through to get to the trigger . Is there any mods to do that? I just want the reset to be right at the trigger and not have to pull that 1/2 inch or so to get to it without reducing the lb'age

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

You can install a Lightening trigger assembly,you can adjust the amount of take-up

4. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Don't get too crazy about eliminating the take-up on a Glock. You
    will defeat the trigger safety quickly. You CAN re-notch the top of the
    trigger safety so it will function, but it's a bit tricky.

Do a search for "25 cent trigger job". Smooth everything up, don't
    change or clip any springs. It won't eliminate the take-up, but it
    will make it S-M-O-O-T-H, and doesn't cost much.

There are triggers out there that are adjustable for take-up and over-travel.
    Prepare to spend some money. As far as pull weight goes, that's a
    function of springs and connector---you can have a short heavy trigger
    if you want.

5. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Come on what rifle. Old military rifle??? That sounds like a 2 stage trigger. Some polishing can help . Just need to have more info.

6. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Glock 20 . I like the trigger except for what Im guessing per my responses is " Take up" the trigger travel before you get to the trigger. I like triggers that reset @ the trigger not 1/2 inch past. And that's really my only complaint bout the glock . If that travel was eliminated and reset on the trigger I think Id def like that more.

Is that take up supposed to be a safety?

7. MrWray

MrWray New Member

The lightenimg trigger assembly will do that,i have one in my G31

8. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

If you are at all capable with hand tools, a carbide #36 drill bit,6-32 tap, and 1/4" stainless set screw will do exactly that.

9. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Take a look at the Ghost Tactical connector. It's a 5# connector with a tab that you file down to set the overtravel stop. That way you can set the reset as close to are as far from the breaking point as you like.

-Fred

10. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

ghotz36 If your getting reset a 1/2" past anything you got one screwed up trigger. First and only first shoot is maybe 1/4" to 3/8" take up after that reset is only about a 1/4" on the 2 glocks I had and then its bang again. A g17 and a g27. Nice short pull for the remander of the mag. You get a short trigger on any CC gunlike a SA you better have good finger control or some may get shoot that my not need it.

11. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Thanks for the info guys :D