Ok. How could I not buy it?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Rick1967, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I Got a flyer in the mail yesterday. It was from Cabelas. There was a gift card in it. It said that if I made a purchase before October 3rd for more that $500 they would put $150 on the card to be used on a separate purchase. How could I not go buy another gun? You can never have enough guns, right? I got to Cabelas and saw a new Bersa Thunder Ultru Compact Pro. It's a 45acp. It was $399. I already have their .380 concealed. It has been a great little shooter. I decided to buy it. I still had to figure out what to spend another $100 on. But it is Cabelas. It wasn't too hard. I walked out with a new gun, some self defense ammo and some other goodies, along with a shiny new $150 gift card in my wallet. I immediately went to the range of course. What a great shooting gun! It holds 7 in the mag and 1 in the pipe. It has a decocker. I am comfortable carrying my 1911 in condition 1. But a double action is nice to have too. This is the only truly ambidextrous gun I have ever seen. Not only is the decocker on both sides of the gun, but so is the slide release and the mag release can be switched to either side.

I took the picture with my 1911 and my J-frame just to show the size of it. I can actually put it in my front pocket.

Attached Files:

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Nice looking little pistol and I have to agree. You just HAD to since they were tempting you like that. :D

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

It's in the right caliber too. Congrats.

If you want some help spending that $150. gift card, I could use a few things. ;)

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I can understand that logic. Great job, looks like a nice little pistol.

5. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Thanks for buying a Bersa. It's the only company that cares about Argentine gun owners and their rights. They are very nice people and would be making an even better and more affordable product if it weren't for all the hoops the current government is making them jump through.

I hope you enjoy it. Post a range report when you get the chance to shoot it!

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I can understand how they forced your hand.

7. Byrdguy

Byrdguy New Member

Dang, they PAID you to buy another gun. Dirty rotten scoundrels!! Now you have $150 towards ANOTHER gun!!!:p

8. Rick1967

The card will expire one January 2, 2011 if I don't use it. I can't imagine that being a problem. I am going to go back and look at some of their WWII stuff. My son was trying to talk me into buying an Auto Ordinance Thompson. It has $1,199.00 marked on it. I am sure it is semi auto if Cabelas is selling it. Anybody know if $1200 is a good price for a Tommy Gun? I think it would be cool to own one. Plus I am trying to build up my .45 collection. I only have 2 now. It even comes with the 50 round drum.

9. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Compared to $80,000 for an original in mint condition. Yeah, I'd say that's a fair price.

10. tekarra

tekarra New Member

It would have been futile to resist! A good pistol, enjoy the heck out of it.

11. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Yeah, great buy!
    I got the same card in the mail, and, although I hate paying Cabela’s prices, the card makes it worthwhile!
    Taking mine down to Alpine this weekend and buying a Ruger Vaquero.
    Maybe a cheap spotting scope with the extra $150!
    Can’t pass it up!:D

12. Freedom-1911

Freedom-1911 New Member

Big supporter of Bersa guns. They are a little known prize.
    Started with the 380 but wanted something that shot less expensive ammo so I traded up to a Firestorm Mini9m also made by Bersa. My sister talked me out of it cause she liked it so much, so I took the money from that sale and put it toward the Bersa Thunder Pro 9mm.
    [​IMG]
    This gun for just under 400 from BudsGunShop is a keeper. Right out of the box it shot right on the mark. Next to no recoil, Crisp and clean with no caffeine (sorry)

Many baulk at Bersa because of the price. They don't know what they are missing. More for us.

13. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I got the same offer from Cabela's. Sometimes, it is hard to turn down when they tempt you. The same goes for the $20 off $150 purchase deals they send out all of the time. If they cut back on 1 catalog a year to everyone, they could drop their prices by at least 10%, imo. They now have the hard backs coming out twice a year, which I think is just crazy. Anyway, they will match a competitors price, even from their on-line store. That is cool.

I digress, Rick, nice looking shooter right there. That $150 gift card will come in handy. My problem with buying handguns from them is that there are no Cabela's in Ohio. I have one less than 2 hours away, but it is in West Virginia. They have a shop right across the river for they use for transfer, but it is $30 for that. Not bad, but gotta add that to the purchase price to start.

Range report is expected, brother. :D

14. Rick1967

I have already put 64 rounds through it. 50 hand loads and 2 mags of winchester 230 grain JHP. It shoots really nice. I will try to take it out this weekend and put it on some paper. I will post some pics of the target when done.