OK Home Invader Murder Trial Set To Begin

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by alsaqr, Oct 23, 2013.

1. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep, when a perp in OK gets killed in the commission of a felony his/her accomplice may be tried for murder. This perp was the accomplice of a perp who was killed by Sarah McKinley during a home invasion. This case received national publicity.

http://newsok.com/murder-trial-to-start-in-oklahoma-home-invasion-case/article/3895933

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Is that not a country wide law?

3. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Unfortunately it is not. Methinks few states have this law.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

One of the few laws of Massachusetts that I agree with.

5. 1911love

1911love New Member

Florida has it. It's a great way to keep the surviving criminals off the streets.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Several, but not all states have this. Known as "Felony Murder", if you are present aiding and abetting in a felony, during the course of which a death occurs, then your INTENT to commit the felony is translated to the intent to commit murder.

The classic case is the getaway driver for the bank robbery. One of his accomplices shoots the bank guard- ALL of the gang is charged with murder. In this case, the death was of a fellow hobgoblin.

I DO love a happy ending.

7. JW357

JW357 New Member

Me too.

I had never heard of a law like this. I like it. I think all states should adapt it.

8. chaos

chaos New Member

There where 4 teens in my town that just had the same thing happen to them.they broke in to someone's home and the home owner killed one the other 4 got between 50 to 65 years in jail..these where kids who made a mistake .they are ages 16-17 ..now I made plenty mistakes when I was that age..not only did they lose a friend they also lost there lifes

9. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

We have had it here in Florida for years, and it has dome well through the appellate courts. If I remember correctly only the actual shooter can get the death penalty, but all the others can get up to life without parole.

We had one not long ago that involved an accomplice located roughly a block away. Her job was as a lookout. She got arrested and charged with murder. It's hard to keep track of all our murders, but I believe she made a testimony deal and entered a guilty plea for a reduced sentence.

10. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

Now THAT seems like a "common sense" law that may make people think twice before going into the liquor store with their buds for a quick stick up.

11. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Makes total sense to me! That usually means the rest of the population wont agree on it (From past experience). Participating in a home invasion in any way should be intent to commit murder even if your intent is to steal someones pills. Its a timeless act that has been considered so defiling and so offensive, its nearly synonymous with rape and torture. The homeowner that is invaded really shouldnt have to prove intent in any manner, they dont have a clue as to the intent of the perpetrators therefore must assume the worst case scenario even if all they wanted was a cup of coffee.

The slightest possibility of Harm or Death that may hit my mind in this scenario is due cause for lethal force on my part. Dont blame the victim for their reasonable fear, do punish anyone involved in invoking that situation with the maximum punishment allowable by law (+Plus 10 years).

I support the 2a 100%, I also support severe and terminal punishments for anyone that commits an actual crime of this type with a firearm in their possession. If you break down my door, you better have one of those giant checks that says I won a million dollars in your hands or your next conversation will likely be with your maker!

12. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

anyone that breaks into a home when the homeowners are present, you have to assume their intentions are not going to be positive for the homeowners. many home invasions end in violence, with beatings, rapes and murders.

IMO, anyone that breaks into a home and people are home, should be charged with attempted murder. everyone that is involved.

and yes, more states need to adopt this law. it is one that actually makes good sense.

13. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

There was a case in Florida back in the 90s where two perps went into a store if I remember correctly, with a driver outside. One of the perps in the store shot and killed someone in the store. All three were caught and charged with first degree murder. One of the two inside died in jail. The other testified against the shooter, and received a reduced sentence. The only one who got injected was the driver, who claimed he did not even know they were armed. Bad luck for him!

14. Axxe55

a person needs to be aware of the company and friends they keep.

my father use to tell us when we were much younger, even if you are not a thief, but hang out with thieves, then people will think you are one from the company you keep. people will judge you by who you associate with.

15. USMCjtm

USMCjtm New Member

Doesn't matter to me how young they were........If you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

16. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

You make your bed. You lie in it.

17. chaos

chaos New Member

You must of been one of those kids who never made a mistake huh?:rolleyes

18. chaos

chaos New Member

Your are 100% right .its just the years they gave me are insane.we we got baby rapers who have been caught multiple times and only get one or two years..not saying the kids shouldn't be punished..but putting in that long only makes them worse I know from experience

19. Axxe55

i think we all have made mistakes. but i hardly class doing a home invasion or an armed robbery where someone was killed a mistake. at what age do children understand the difference between right and wrong?

holding a person accountable for their criminal acts where someone is killed, maybe will send a clear message. perform a criminal act and someone is killed, you get to pay for the consequences with your life. either with a needle in your arm or behinds for life.

life is about making choices. either the right ones or the wrong ones. choose.

20. USMCjtm

USMCjtm New Member

Did plenty of silly things as a young man.........breaking into someones house isn't a "mistake" it's a good way to get killed. I live in a glass house for all the things I have done,,,,,,,but I don't suffer fools or idiots.