Ohio: suppressors might be legal for hunting

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by JWagner, Feb 4, 2014.

1. JWagner

JWagner New Member

2. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Hunting with an actual silencer is allowed in Germany. Yet, you have to prove the need. For example, rodent control in a grave yard. So, I could buy one for my AR15 with permission from the German government. In fact gun registration forms ask if the gun needs a silencer. Of course a silencer will cost me between 500 to 800 euros!

3. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Why are suppressors difficult to get in America. ?

4. JWagner

JWagner New Member

Somehow, suppressors have to follow strict rules similar to machine gun rules. Paperwork followed by a special permit which comes with costly taxes. And it can take many months for the approval to arrive. The usual stuff that comes with dealing with a Federal agency.

5. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

Its because the liberals always see them and always have seen them in movies being used for nefarious purposes whereas in the UK they have been the norm forever because its just plain rude to be so obnoxiously loud while hunting. IIRC they even released an O/U shotgun in england that is integrally suppressed

6. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

It's not that big of a deal, two copies of the form, two copies of fingerprints, a form that says I certify this is me, take that to the local sheriff, he signs off and you pay $200 tax, then wait for 6 months. The people who complain are either lazy or have a been convicted of something and they won't get passed by the local sheriff.

I don't think they have ever changed the price since they started the program.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  7. seancslaughter

it is that big of a deal! One should not have to jump through hoops for a tool that reduces hearing loss while shooting and reduces sound disturbing the neighbors.

8. manta

I see these for sale in the UK.

Attached Files:

9. seancslaughter

Yeah and there are no extra hoops to jump through there to get one(other than the normal rigmarole to get a firearm in England) see American legislators are scared everyone is gonna go buy one and turn into Jason freakin Bourne and start assassinating people

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

10. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

When it was put in place they were afraid of poaching, I don't think very many crimes have ever been committed with a suppressed weapon, if any.

These laws have been in place a long time, without much change.

Manta, in england how much paperwork is there to own firearms ?

11. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

bingo.

Liberals are even scared of pistol grips. They're terrified of anything that isn't at least partially gay.

12. seancslaughter

I always got a kick out of how bayonet lugs are banned in some states like seriously? "OH NO HE IS GONNA STAB SOMEONE WITH HIS RIFLE!!!!!:rolleyes:"

13. manta

Criminal and Other Convictions
    All previous convictions must be declared at question 23 of the application form. If the exact date cannot be remembered, give an approximation as well as the nature of the offence.

Referees
    Article 4 (2) (c) of the Firearms (Northern Ireland) Order 2004 requires applicants to provide the names of two suitable referees, both of whom must be of good character and have known the applicant for, at least, two years. A person is not a suitable referee if they are:

Photographs
    All applications for the grant of a firearm certificate must be accompanied by two recent photographs that must be:

Full face without a hat.
    45mm by 35mm in size.
    On normal photographic paper, unglazed on the back, unmounted and endorsed on the reverse side in the following manner ‘I verify this is a true likeness of (full name of person)’, to which statement each referee should add their normal signature, occupation and date.

A bit of hassle , but few are refused. When you are buying a rifle , you can just buy a sound moderator with it.

14. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Because our government likes to punish it's citizens for something they could do instead of if they do many times.:mad:

15. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

So are nightvision rifle scopes available for you ? I am surprised they available here.

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

When the nfa was created democrats were afraid blacks would get more and more firearms as they became more affluent.

The nfa was supposed to cover all guns and devices not just automatics suppressors and such. They couldn't get that by the supreme court so limited to what they could.

Had nothing to do with poaching.

17. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

either last year, or the year before, suppressors are now legal in Texas for hunting if they are legaly owned.

18. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

So you are saying these laws were passed when the dems held all three offices ??

Does that mean any tax is geared towards the blacks and the poor to keep them people down ??

19. JonM

JonM Moderator

Yes the democrats held all three branches in 1934-1938.

I didn't say any tax I said the nfa firearms taxes.

The transcripts of the arguments on debate of the nfa is pretty eye opening. Fun reading.

20. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

I've read some of the history on this and when the major point being made is that the blacks couldn't afford the tax so it must be directed at them falls short because the blacks couldn't afford anything at that time. So if you look back in history and any tax increase the blacks couldn't afford would be looked at the same way. So alcohol or cigarette tax could be looked at as it was targeted at the blacks because they couldn't afford it. It is a biased way to write history. The only way this argument could hold any weight would be if the blacks had to pay more, if everyone paid the same tax then none of that has any truth.