Ohio High School Shooting

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by G30USMC, Feb 28, 2012.

1. G30USMC

G30USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

Thoughts and prayers to the victims, their family, friends, and all of Chardon High School my cousin is a student here where a teenage boy opened fired in the cafeteria shooting 5 students at this time 2 have succumb to their injuries, 2 are in Critical Condition and 1 is in stable condition.

This is just a horrific tragedy and as a LEO it really gets to me, knowing that all them students did not have a chance because firearms are forbidden on school grounds, once again we face an event where not even faculty is permitted to carry a firearm, not saying that would have changed anything, but I guarantee you he would of thought twice if he knew someone else may be "legally" armed!

Attached Files:

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012

3. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

I heard the shooter was tired of the bullies, so he took the action he felt was necessary. What is sad is the fact that nobody took notice, nor did any take responsibility to stop those who were bullying. Has the human race become so introvert that nobody wants to lend a helping hand to those in need of guidance? Does the human race spend more effort to avoid responsibility to properly teach, and resort to the lip service of saying they care but really not caring at all?

4. rob454

rob454 New Member

Legally owned guns should be kept in a safe.

5. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

I am also of the opinion that firearms should be secured in a safe. This will prevent theft and the guns ending up in the hands of someone who is irresponsible, incompetent or has bad intentions, and doing harm with it. I have lots of firearms, both rifles and handguns and lots of ammo for all of them, and I don't have a problem with keeping all of it in a safe. Here we go, let the bashing begin.

6. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

The gun bashing is all-over the news here in St.Louis...The north-side of St.Louis they shoot each other every day and night and becouse of that, the rest of us are to give-up our right's to protection.....Just ask Obama.....:(

7. winds-of-change

I agree, but many don't. I am surprised at the number of gun owners who teach their young children not to touch the guns and leave the guns unlocked. All it takes is one liiiiitle mistake to spend the rest of your life thinking.....I should have locked the guns up. I hate when I am sad and it all could have been avoided. But that's just my opinion. We are all entitled to our own beliefs.

I stress to my granddaughter to never touch a gun when a grown up isn't present. I let her handle my empty guns and show her the right way to do it. I teach her the parts of the gun. I tell her if she ever sees a gun to tell an adult immediately and to not touch it. But in the end I lock my gun back in the safe.

8. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

WoC. I am in full agreement with you on this, and have done the same with my step daughter. Much respect to you for teaching the next generation the right way. T\U!

9. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Fixed it for ya.

I keep mine in a safe, it will keep casual thieves and mischievious kids at bay and demonstrates that I am a responsible gun owner.

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

While I do keep my firearms under lock, let's look beyond the gun here- God knows the news media won't.

While I am older than many of you here, I grew up in a rural community. EVERY house had a gun. NONE of them had a gun safe. None of us ever decided to go shoot up the cafeteria at school.

Now, why is that???? :confused:

I DO remember a couple of times that students would get into a fight- resolved by Coach Bergey taking the offenders down to the gym, putting the gloves on them, and 3 rounds of 3 minutes each. That is 1 minute of using up your mad, and 8 minutes of DANG! That HURTS!

If a Coach Bergey did that today, they would throw him under the jail.

Is part of the problem a shortage of Coach Bergeys?

11. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

As usual you hit the nail on the head C3.

12. winds-of-change

If I have my facts right, the shooter used a .22 caliber pistol. So........5 people shot, 3 dead.......I guess a .22 DOES have some stopping power. :(

13. 19cowboy88

19cowboy88 New Member

I agree I grow up in a rural and it was the sameway

14. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

I agree C3, that is part of the problem. Lack of positive influences, and parental involvement are also a big factor. The proper aplication of a switch, when it is needed, might help too. What bothers me most about thjis is that there were red flags. The kid posted death threats, and that he was brining a gun to school on Facebook and Twitter acording to the media. How was this missed? Noone came forward to tell someone at the school? I just don't get it.:confused:

15. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

At point blank range them .22 calibers are very effective, in deed.
    One just got to love the Phoenix HP22, .22lr.

16. tshoot91

tshoot91 New Member

No c3 there are still old school teachers around, the problem is there hands are so tied up not allowing any real disciplinary actions.
    Sadly, in too many homes parenting is no longer what it used to be.

17. ajbeau

ajbeau New Member

22 cal >3 dead

I carry my keltek P11 9mm usally, but i ALWAYS carry my 380LCP. All gun forums debate the usefullness or stopping power of the 380. It is not practical for me to carry a 1911, for several reasons. I have complete confidence in smaller caliber weapons.
    Prayers going out to the people involved in this shooting!

18. moneymaker17

moneymaker17 New Member

The problem today is that everyone is fat,tired,lazy,junk food eatting,sueing,liberal P*$%ys.. thats the world today noone wants to work, those who do just so happen to be the tough guys. From what I heard- I'f todays days were like the olden days, the world would be fine.

19. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

C3 for President in 2012!!! I couldn't agree more. These kids today are spoiled rotten. When real problems arise, they do not know how to deal with them. Resulting in crazy acts of extreme violence. My heart goes out to all affected by this event, but guns are not the objects at fault.

20. Double_tap

Double_tap New Member

Well put c3shooter I agree 100 and 10% and wish we could get this Great Nation of ours back on track. I grew up with guns in an area that every one had guns. In Western PA, where I went to school "Kiski Area" we had the first day of buck off school because if they didn't no one would show up any how and there was never a school shooting in our neck of the woods. I blame society but most of all I blame a alot of parents. With all these disney parents who would rather be a friend than a parent, I genuinely believe this is where alot of the problems started. Just my opinion for what ever its worth but c3shooter you hit dead center on this one.