ohio ccw questions

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by austin125, Oct 30, 2011.

1. austin125

austin125 New Member

okay i have a couple questions about conceiled carry in ohio, is there a magazine limit for carrying in ohio? i have a glock 23 and didnt want to not be able to have the 13 round magazines. also from start to finish how long should i expect it to take from doing my ccw class to actually carrying? :confused:

2. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

No limits on mags. It took a one day class followed by about 3 weeks waiting for the paper work to come back.

3. austin125

austin125 New Member

okay cool! that isnt bad at all. i was hoping it wouldnt take months. and is there any forms i can get of the internet and fill out ahead of time to help speed things up?

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

Let's specify here. I'm in MS and don't know the Ohio laws but this may be relevant for the people who will be trying to help you.

Are you asking about max mag capacity?

Or the max number of mags carried on your person?

I'm sure that even in Cali, it's probably legal to carry a massive amount of ammo, if it's broken up into many, many low cap mags.

5. austin125

austin125 New Member

im talking about the max magazine capacity

6. nccinstaller

nccinstaller New Member

Im from ohio and have never heard any max magazine capacity law. The only thing i have ever heard was that there is a federal law about centerfire magazines only being up to 30 rounds without a tax stamp. Could be wrong just heard that. But i can help you with ccw times in ohio. I took a 2 day course and got my permit in about 1.5 weeks. And may be helpful to ask your instrutor about mag question

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

No fed tax stamp for magazines.

8. nccinstaller

nccinstaller New Member

Do you know if the over 30rd mag being illegal is true?

9. austin125

austin125 New Member

nccinstaller what do you mean about ccw times? do you mean times that classes are going on? okay glad to find out about no mag capacity law

10. nccinstaller

nccinstaller New Member

Oh i just mean length of time i took a 2 day course turned in my paperwork same day i was done with class and it took a week and a half to get my permit. So basiclly 2 weeks start to finish. And 100 bucks for class 12 for passport photo and 67 for application fee at sheriffs department

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

No. You can mail order those all day long. So long as it's not outlawed by your state.

12. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

I dont think there is a mag capacity. But i do know my class was two days and it took exactly 7 days to get my license.

13. fupuk

fupuk New Member

From what I've seen Im my magazines Ohio has a restriction of 31 rounds. I bought a 33round magazine for my glock and it said it couldn't be shipped to Ohio because there were to many rounds.