OH...The HEADACHE!!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Gus556, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Gus556

Gus556 New Member

Ok, so I decided to sample some home made rock gut last evening with some friends out in the shop. I got this stuff a year ago when I made one of my semi annual trips to my sister's place in VA.
    Neighbors of hers up the road are even more rural and redneck than I am so we get along well. They gave me parting gifts.;)
    After a couple hours of sampling and changing all of the fluids in the quad, I was a little........ummmmm........tipsy.
    When I woke up this morning, I could swear my tongue needed a shave. Furthermore, I had a headache that feels like a hundred shotguns shooting an exit in the top of my head. If yer gonna be samplin pappy's cough medicine, make sure you put something else in your stomache or you are not going to be pleased.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Kinda makes you appreciate the filtering used in modern distilleries!

Huh?

sorry Gus

3. Jess

Jess New Member

**bangs pots and pans*** what you have a headache??

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

* snot bubble *

blow.jpg

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Sounds like you can't handle the good stuff. :D

6. James

James New Member

My dad and I were watching a show on the local North Carolina PBS station about these guys in the mountains making moonshine. He was like, "Yep boy, that there's yer her'tage."

Happy to know if I ever need a little I know where to go!

7. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Yes, that stuff will really put a hurting on you.

9. suprdave

suprdave New Member

That stuff used to make me "have relations" with "plus-sized" women...

10. orangello

orangello New Member

Most of the headache is just dehydration kicking yer but. I always try to drink one glass of water per beer, shot of liquor, or mixed drink.

When i worked for the state, i saw the crap shine the ABC agents confiscated; it was horrible. They seemed to concentrate on the high-volume, low-IQ producers. One batch smelled like Mezcal that had gone bad somehow & been mixed with bile. The shiners of my youth made good product, including my first drink ever.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  11. badeye

badeye New Member

I had the same thing happen to me bout 2 years ago! My head still hurts when i think about it!

12. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

13. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

There is distilled, then there is distilled!! Single stage distilling leaves alot to be desired, you're better off buying and consuming some good Vodka! If it is corn squeezin's you're after, I can't help you.

BTW, the consumption of 16 oz of water prior to bed will help the headache in the morning.

14. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I never understood why people make large quantities of distilled liquors that taste horrid. If your making good stuff, more power to you but you can buy bottom shelf vodka or whiskey for cheaper than many people can make it at home.

Also +1 on the water the night before as a hangover/headache prevention but also don't forget to eat your bacon the next morning.

Bacon Cures Hangovers | Bacon, is there anything it can't do?