Oh boy, Toyota!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by boatme98, Oct 29, 2020.

1. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

Recall.
    Toyota has expanded its DENSO fuel pump recall on T. & Lexus vehicles.

The list is too comprehensive to type out, if you own one from 2013 - 2020 check the list online!

This is bigger than the original recall. It now includes some 2,000,000 vehicles and has generated some lawsuits.

Note, it includes Lexus as well as Toyota.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  2. boatme98

Someone told me the the DENSO pumps are used on quite a few other makes, ford trucks and Mazda included.
    Ford has recalled 91000 trucks.

3. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

A bit like that Takata airbag recall, a couple years ago. Though, that was apparently millions of installs, all with questionable "explosives" (blasting metal shards into people during deployment).

Actually, with as many different systems, sensors, pumps, valves, seals and whatnot, I'm surprised cars are (generally speaking) as reliable as they are.

boatme98 and Bigcat like this.
  4. boatme98

Yes. I get irritated when when people rag about the make of things when recalls happen. Especially cars.
    It happens to every single manufacturer. There are so many systems and parts that are second or third party contractors defects can't help but get past the car companies who are basically assemblers now.

And here's a question. In the late 1980s there was a list published for a law enforcement training program of all recalled guns available up to that point. Care to guess the 2 most recalled brands? :cool:

5. formerCav

formerCav Well-Known Member

my guess for the 2 guns is
    glock
    S&W
    NOTE: I've had recent troubles with a NEW GP100 Ruger in 44 Spec caliber. I got rid of it. Traded it off on an OLD 686.

Rifling82 likes this.
  6. slow_burn

slow_burn Member

well i just checked out my VIN number, and yup, my car's VIN showed up. but the recall site said, that right now, there is "NO REMEDY" to the problem.

i have a lease car.

so i would not now who gets first preference, a lease car customer or a purchased car owner.