offseason projects?

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by savageman97, Dec 10, 2012.

1. savageman97

savageman97 New Member

im an avid hunter and i get pretty stir crazy in the off season! So i was wondering if any of u gys have any diy gear that could become my new projects?

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I build tree stands for my friends. I also set up bow shoots for my friends......kinda like the realtree guys do in their movies. Rifle shootin contests w 22s amd such work well too.

3. cottontop

cottontop Guest

I reload and try to always improve my loads. Hey, wait a minute, I do that in the "on" season too.
    cottontop

4. savageman97

savageman97 New Member

I used to reload all the time with my grandfather but i havent reloaded since he passed

5. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

We try to keep summer plots at or camp. And fishing helps occupy the time.

6. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

If I was missing hunting very badly I would go to state that still has an open season. Here in NC the season is open until Jan 1. States further south have seasons that last into Feb. I am done hunting here in NC.

I feed deer year round as long as corn prices remain low. I am sure they will come up with something else to feed deer if corn gets to expensive. We are already seeing peanuts in feed and hardware stores.

7. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

180+ years old, 3500 Square feet, Nuff said...

Attached Files:

8. lucznik

lucznik New Member

Depends. Some of the "off season" offers good waterfowl and/or small game hunting and I like to capitalize on as much of that as I can.

I, like others, like to play with new loads. This year I've got a new .44 Mag revolver for which I need to try to make something special and my loads for my 7-08 Rem and .243 Win both need some tweaking as I'm sure there's a little more accuracy to be found with both of those rifles.

In the dead of winter when it's just too cold to be outside I like to sew up new leather bags and quivers or fletch up batches of arrows for my longbow. I made a full-size leather lumbar pack complete with lap belt and shoulder harness last year that turned out really nice and I never tire of adding new arrows to the collection. Last year I also made up a set with green shafts and green and orange shield-cut feathers that matches a green w/rust-lined wool cloak that I use for SCA purposes.

9. Catfish

Catfish Member

I didn`t know there was an off season. :rolleyes: I start early summer with groundhog and squirrel season comes in before them go in their hole to stay. Befor that`s over there is deer season and after that there is always coyote. What off season.:confused:

10. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

This is the DIY thing I have been doing. Hand made all the cabinets and put down the 18 inch porcelin tile. That 18 inch tile is much harder work than I ever thought it would be.

Attached Files:

11. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Hey Webley...that looks like a full time job right there. That is something to be proud of though!

12. tri70

tri70 New Member

I hunt coyotes after deer season a local shop promotes a hunt contest. I just found a good place to hog hunt yesterday, lots of sign, they have worked up the hillside and there is a pond close by.

13. remington85

remington85 New Member

Right now, my dad and i cant find a lease to hunt deer at because my dads good friend sold his. I want to get out on my land with my .22 and get some squirel. No closed season and no limit in my county :)