Officials: Better to be a victim

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by bkt, Mar 6, 2012.

1. bkt

bkt New Member

D.C.’s crime solution: Be a victim

Paul Quander, the District’s deputy mayor for public safety and justice, responded that crime victims should give the criminals what they want. Mr. Portman protested, saying, “But how do you know you’re going live and survive? You’re completely at their mercy.”

Mr. Quander thinks victimhood is preferable to self-defense. “The problem is, if you are armed, it escalates the situation,” Mr. Quander told residents. “It is much better, in my opinion, to be scared, to be frightened, and even if you have to be, to be injured, but to walk away and survive. You’ll heal, and you can replace whatever was taken away.”

When the Deputy Mayor acknowledges there is a crime problem, agrees cops can't help you, and tells you to acquiesce to criminals' intentions whatever they may be, is that not the same thing as the Deputy Mayor overtly and directly supporting criminals to the detriment of law-abiding citizens?

2. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Ok, he can be a victim then. I'll be the guy who pulls the gun on the BG, and goes from there. :D

3. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

If ever there was a BIGGER crock of dogs**t, I don't think it's been spoken yet. Replace what was taken away? How about your self esteem? How about your confidence? What about the trauma?

Quoted for truth! Quander is worried about escalating the situation? There's no escalation. You pull your gun, aim and fire, period. Escalation over. Sure, there will be trauma (see above) but it'll be that concerning your proactive action, not your surrender to the situation and worry that it could happen again....

4. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

What a scumbag...the brainwashing of these "officials" never ceases to amaze me. The sad part is they were actually elected.

5. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

What is equally infuriating is that this jack-off spends his day and nights surrounded by an armed protective detail...all provided at taxpayer expense of course.

6. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

He is a true liberal Democrat. They believe that only the state has the right to protect life and property. This is the kind of thinking that rules out the need for the Second A. rights. These are the people who lack the understanding that a criminals hand is faster than 911.:(

7. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

DANGIT JPyle!!! You stole my response!! :D

The hypocrisy of these people is boundless. If he truly believed what he said, he would have no protection detail. Or guards at the door. Or cops on the street. Those will ALL escalate the situation.

8. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Be the What..........

I think Chum lee on pawn stars just purchased a can of what this guys saying........I might be the victim, but the other guy will be dead at my feet. ;)

9. scott_gen

scott_gen New Member

...... “It is much better, in my opinion, to be scared, to be frightened, and even if you have to be, to be injured, but to walk away and survive. You’ll heal, and you can replace whatever was taken away.”.....

I have to believe this guy had his arse handed to him quite a bit as a child

10. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Actually I bet it is the opposite. Many of these people in power come from wealthy backgrounds. They went to private school, had anything they wanted and he was most likely never much of a victim of any kind. If he had ever been one, he would not have the skewed perception of reality that he has. He has no worries about being assaulted, robbed, raped, or anything of that nature, his armed security sees to it that he is safe. What it shows me is that many people in his position see the rest of us as little more than cattle that vote, these "officials" don't care about our safety, they care about money, power and getting re-elected.

11. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Unless its your life... Wonder how you go about "replacing" that? :rolleyes:

12. scott_gen

scott_gen New Member

I'd love to hear his stance on "bullying" at grade levels....
    Edit - Lay down and take it?

13. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Besides, we all know that nobody is ever killed when being victimized. :rolleyes:

What an apocalyptic ******* of a moron.

14. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Just read on fox news that the head of media matters has a personal assistant that follows him everywhere. That pa carries a Glock. Ironic since they just received a $400,000 donation from an anti-gun group.

That's not hypocrisy at alll....wait, YES IT IS!!!!

Not the same story as the OP, but the same line of thinking.

Is anybody still fooled by these people?

15. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Sure there are. The dumb f**ks that keep supporting their "causes" and respewing the same bulls**t to others.....

16. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Duh? I should hope so! The dispatch of ammo will escalate the chances of bg never being around to do it again.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  17. bkt

bkt New Member

Yeah, but government isn't interested in justice or law enforcement anymore. It is interested in "keeping the peace" which doesn't take sides.

18. texaswoodworker

I don't care about keeping the peace so some POS BG can victimize someone else, I care about protecting myself, and those around me.

19. bkt

bkt New Member

Well, then I guess you and government don't agree on this issue. At least in D.C.

For what it's worth, I'm with you.

20. texaswoodworker

lol, me and the Government tend to disagree on most things. Have you noticed I rarely go into the politics forum? If I went in there, I'd probably be posting rants left and right. :D