OFFICIAL Prayer Request thread.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, Nov 18, 2009.

1. AgedWarrior

AgedWarrior Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. Thank you for letting us know. I will pray for his family...

Rifling82 likes this.
  2. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

I had a dream recently. I was with two saints, and while we were speaking the church was called up. The saints walked up some steps in front of me and then the the heavens were closed to me. As soon as I began to fear of the heavens being closed the Lord spoke to me and said that He is the Lord of the age of the church as well as the age to come. I felt a peace I cannot explain.

Please do not read into this looking for any hidden meaning or special revelation. I believe the Lord simply wants us, the Saints to know that no matter what is happening, no matter how close to our deepest fears He is the Lord and it is all in His perfect will.

formerCav, Oldoutlaw, ellis36 and 3 others like this.

3. AgedWarrior

Sometimes we all need a reminder that He is sovereign over all of creation; His creation! Moses had a time when he struggled because it did not appear to him that God’s plan to free Israel was going to work, in fact things were being made worse. In the 6th chapter of Exodus the Lord reminded Moses five times by saying, “I am the Lord.” (I am Yahweh) Sometimes we just need to remember that He is Almighty God, and what He says will come to pass.

4. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

Funny you should say that, Moses was one of the two saints in my dream, don’t remember seeing him, just new it was him.

I’m sometimes reminded of John the Baptist. He even sent some of his disciples just to check on Jesus and make sure he really was who John thought. I guess we wonder sometimes.

5. AgedWarrior

We have a tendency to drift (Heb 2:1) and are in need of a solid anchor. We have such an anchor in Jesus (Heb 6:19-20). There is a sort of irony regarding faith in that we seem to talk about it a lot more than we live by it at times...thus we needed a few examples to inspire us (Heb 11:1-40). :) And we need pray more for self and others as this thread is devoted to so our Lord might give us strength and resolve.

TankTop, Oldoutlaw and primer1 like this.