Official Leather Holster Thread

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by Olympus, May 23, 2012.

1. Olympus

Olympus New Member

We need more stickies!

I love a good quality leather holster, especially with some exotic skins. Let's see some photos of your leather, custom or not!

Custom holster from JR Custom Leather in ring lizard and crocodile.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Custom holster from Adams Leather Works trimmed in toad skin. I also have a matching belt but don't have a photo of it.

[​IMG]

2. GLOCKMASTER

GLOCKMASTER New Member

Here's my Custom Leather Holster my buddy made me for my G23 & G27

Attached Files:

3. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I also ordered a new C-Flex from Kelley Gunleather too. It should be here in about 5 more weeks.

4. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Looks like we're not getting any love in here. I guess I will post a preliminary picture of my new Kelley C-Flex for my Sig P238 that I just received from Mr. Kelley. Keep in mind that the holster has not been formed or boned yet. This photo was sent to me just so I would get an idea of who the holster was coming together and what it looked like. Black cowhide, ostrich leg accent and belt loops, with white stitching.

[​IMG]

5. porkchops

porkchops New Member

Olympus, you were serious when you said you love good leather! You have some nice stuff! If my love for animals wasn't so great I would love to have an exotic holster with gator and what not.

But for now, for your viewing enjoyment I present my Kimber Crimson ultra with Kimber IWB branded leather.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Being left handed I often have difficulty finding holsters. So I started making my own. Everything is the pic is homemade. I made a bunch of really ugly ones before these. My favorite for looks alone is the 1911 holster. I have 3 holsters that I made for that gun. But that is my nicest to look at. If I open carried that would definately be the rig I would use.

Attached Files:

7. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I tried my hand at leathercraft and holster making it was much more difficult than it looked. I can appreciate anyone who can make a holster.

I have a huge love for animals too. I love to eat them and wear them!

8. LongBaller71

LongBaller71 New Member

I'll chime in with a few! Couldn't bring myself to drop $150+ for a holster I wanted, so I decided to make some. There's definitely a learning curve to making these and especially getting the detail work just right. Being a few holsters in, I'm getting better with each one.

Here's the last couple I worked up:

Black cowhide with full quill ostrich trim - 1911FS and mag holster -
    [​IMG]

Burgundy brown cowhide -
    [​IMG]

Brown cowhide with tanned trim -
    [​IMG]

9. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Nice work Longballer71

10. LongBaller71

LongBaller71 New Member

Thanks Rick! I'm getting a little better each time I think. Definitely learning as I go.

Here's the last couple I just finished. The Wingman IWB.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I just got my Kelley C-Flex in and it is simply amazing. I took some photos last night, but my Internet was on the fritz and wouldn't upload the photos. I will try to get them up soon. I have two other custom leather holsters and they are also very nice, but Kelley definitely goes above. The fit and retention is awesome!

12. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Here are a couple pictures of my new C-Flex.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. fupuk

fupuk New Member

If you dont mind me asking how much did that holster cost you?

14. Olympus

Olympus New Member

It was about $160.