Office defense - what do YOU do?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by chloeshooter, Oct 1, 2013.

1. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I live in a state where you can ban guns on premise. Since I am the 'boss' here, guess what? Yep - bring'em if you gottem', Joe, because nobody shoots up an office that isn't a soft target anyway!

What do you do at the office/work?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  2. CaseyChadwell

CaseyChadwell New Member

Love the fact that you allow your employees to bring their weapons to work! Need more bosses like you. As for me, working in a factory and in construction, they don't allow firearmsto be brought in the plant or on the construction ssites. If it were me, a nice short 22 gauge would be nice under the desk. :)

3. CaseyChadwell

CaseyChadwell New Member

12 gauge*

I don't know what's going on with my fingers this morning...

4. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I run my own office. There's always been a firearm out of sight, but handy.

5. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I'm in law enforcement so we're kinda required to bring ours to work.

6. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

I work in a research lab associated with a college (Clemson U) in South Carolina. CWP holders can have a loaded gun locked in the glove box or other locked box in our cars while on the premises. If the SHTF, if we can get to a gun and bring it in to face the threat, that's OK, per the Klemson Kampus Kops. But otherwise it can't be brought inside the building. My problem with that is the time and logistics involved to get out of the building and get to the gun, and unless you're anxious to come back in to play dead hero, I'm not sure it wouldn't be better to just get in the car and drive away. I probably would come back in with the gun and try to do what I can, because my conscience would haunt me forever if I didn't.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  7. orangello

orangello New Member

I work in a small firm, mostly family; there is almost always a pistol in my desk drawer and ALWAYS one up front in the secretary's purse (my sister with my long lost Bersa thunder .380).

8. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I think things happen too fast to go get a gun out of the car. Best bet is break the rules or find a nice escape route!

9. M605

M605 New Member

I work in a hospital, a tactical pen (that's right I said pen, Google it) is all I can get away with.

10. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Cheater!!!!!!:p

11. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

No kidding! but I am sure there are those reports to fill out all the time......

12. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I work in a Federal building...see our shooter protection below. Bad guys and terrorists just walk away disappointed.

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      31.8 KB
      Views:
  13. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

I'd really love to break the rules, but a S. Carolina sate law makes that a felony with mandatory 5 years in the pen.

14. orangello

orangello New Member

15. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

'just say no'

16. davva360

davva360 New Member

I work from home. If I actually go into the office I am not allowed to carry but while I am at home I have a gun on my hip all day.

17. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

If you're not cheating, you're losing.

18. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

True, but if we are caught cheating, we go to jail.

19. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Hey brother, what are you all carrying? Also, which longarms? Thanks.

20. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

It oughta say "with the exception of law enforcement officers and terrorists", since they seem to be the only ones that carry in gun free zones.