Firearms Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this today on one of my Glock 19 15 round magazines. This only happens when there are 12 rounds in the mag, (I’m not sure what I was doing to find this out at 12 rounds). If it’s full at 15 rounds this doesn’t happen. At 12 rounds, if I shake the mag it sounds like somethings moving around in the mag body. As if a round was moving back and forth. I broke the mag down and all looks good inside. I lined the rounds up together thinking one might be shorter, but they’re all the same.
I looked closer and you can barely see it in the pic attached, but round number seven in the magazine window has moved forward in the magazine. The other rounds you can see are flush with the back of the magazine, but it appears like round number seven has shifted forward in the magazine, and that’s what’s making the clicking noise. What’s weird is it doesn’t matter if I switch the rounds to different positions in the magazine it’s always only if 12 rounds are in there and it’s always round number seven.
I wanted to go run some rounds through it today to make sure it was ok, but we’ve got rain the next two days so I can’t.
Any ideas??
Finger Gesture Plant Thumb Gadget
Finger Gesture Plant Thumb Gadget

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
It’s normal, I have a Glock 17 Gen 4 and my Mags do the exact same thing. Sometimes the round rattles inside regardless if it’s a full magazine or not. What it is that’s causing it is the round is not stacked like it should be and so therefore you’ll have 1 or 2 that rattle. But it’s perfectly fine, again I’ve had that too and my magazines still functions as they should, it just gets annoying hearing it is what it is. One thing that might and it’s worked for me is unload the mag and load it again and this will stack the rounds properly. Or another thing you can try and unload it until you get to the one that’s rattling and load it back up again and this also fixes the problem. Usually the first method worked for me for the most part.

Again this isn’t really an issue with the rounds not being seated all the way but rather they’re just not stacked properly. So it is perfectly normal, nothing to worry about. I’ve had this happen to me dozens of times and it’s annoying to hear but again your mag will function the way it should.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I didn’t use a Kevlar helmet but I did try tapping the mag so it would seat the rounds to the rear, but I’d still get the rattle after that. It was just confusing to me that it happened at only twelve rounds, and it didn’t matter what round it was when I switched them around. I actually thought I somehow had loaded a .380 round in there as I have a small amount of those.
Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
4,140 Posts
Thanks for the info. I didn’t use a Kevlar helmet but I did try tapping the mag so it would seat the rounds to the rear, but I’d still get the rattle after that. It was just confusing to me that it happened at only twelve rounds, and it didn’t matter what round it was when I switched them around. I actually thought I somehow had loaded a .380 round in there as I have a small amount of those.
Thanks again!
Never hurts to ask, that's for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts