Oculus scope at bass pro

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by joshman88, Nov 19, 2013.

1. joshman88

joshman88 New Member

Hey everyone I just got the bass pro Black Friday add and they have an oculus scope 4-16x44 for 180 I've never heard of them and was wondering if anyone knew much about them. Also they have a Leopold rifleman 3-9x40 for about the same price I know the higher end Leopolds are great how is the quality on the lower end ones.
    I will be putting it on a .308 savage axis hoping to make a nice little budget range gun out of it any help and experience with these scopes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

A friend has a Leopold on his BAR. They are $180ish all the time at Dicks. He loves the scope. I have shot the rifle. The scope is very clear and it does not drift. I plan to get a Leopold when someone has a clearance sale.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013

3. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

I talked to some Bass Pro Counter Guys about the Oculous Scopes they now carry. It's a Bass Pro exculsive, like Cabela's(can't remember name) has in their Scope lineup.
    Got to looking real close, they looked very much a Bushnell Elite rename, and some of the Counter Guys were saying same thing when comparing Scopes side/side.
    BPS wanted something associated with them in high quality that didn't carry the Brand Name.

Del

4. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

I have a Bushnell Elite on my 788 and have been happy....
    I believe I would be more happy with a Swarovski or a Night Force, but.........$$$$$$$$$;)