OC Texas is at it Again

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by mseric, Jun 7, 2014.

1. mseric

mseric New Member

As you all know OC Texas has been at the forefront of a Major open carry controversy in Texas. They have single handedly forced several restaurants and food chains to get into the 2nd Amendment political arena and ultimately ban firearms from their establishments.

With and unusual and rare moment of clarity Mr. Grisham, the head of OCT, issued a statement that he and his followers would refrain from Open carrying of long guns into private businesses. His reason was that he believed OCT was doing more harm that good for the 2nd and he was right.

http://opencarrytexas.wordpress.com/2014/05/23/joint-statement-on-oc-of-long-arms/

Well, that didn't last very long, as Mr. Grisham and his bunch of idiots are now out and about parading around in Target stores with long guns slung over their shoulders. It appears that forcing Restaurants and Food Chains to ban guns wasn't enough for Grisham as he has set his sights on Major Retail corporations like Target.

Target has some very long arms and their corporate entity is far more reaching than just your local Target store near the Mall. This is a major world wide company and when the Corporate big wigs come down hard against Grisham and his idiots it will be far more devastating to the 2nd than anything we have seen so far.

Target was founded by the Dayton-Hudson co here in MN. They have a long reputation of supporting conservative candidates and 2nd amendment rights. All except the "Black Sheep" of the family Gov. Mark (Goofy) Dayton. Their past history and 2nd Amendment support will undoubtedly go out the window when it interferes with their Corporate Profits.

Look for Target to issue a statement banning firearms in all of their Target Stores AND in all the other Major retail outlets they own across America.

Thanks Open Carry Texas, you are doing a bang-up job. Keep up the good work you Moron.

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/moms-...et-stores-after-finding-old-open-carry-photo/

http://www.twincities.com/nation/ci_25889795/armed-gun-rights-demonstration-at-texas-target-store

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/06/guns-target-store-open-carry-texas

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Are you sure the open carrier leadership are pro gun? The damage they are doing makes them look more like anti gunners. They are sure helping the anti gun cause and it makes sense that they would infiltrate and cause mayhem to push the anti gun cause. The pro gunners need to do a background check on their leadership and/or instigators.

3. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

You keep saying they forced these business's to ban guns. How did they FORCE anyone to do that? I saw no force used anywhere. Why do you guys not understand what's going on in Texas? It's against the law to OC a handgun there. That's what they are protesting. Before you jump the gun and say there is no reason for OC of handguns either let me tell you why you need it. Let's just say for the sake of argument that you should CC your handgun, you still don't want some over zealous cop arresting you because the wind blew your shirt or coat open. These people don't have to ban guns totally all they have to do is say no OC in their business. Nobody is forcing them to do this.

4. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Target has an obligation to it's share holders to do anything to protect profits. If Target feels that armed civilians are no longer an asset they will start slapping the 30/06 signs on every store. Target is not going to get drug into the fight. Target is at least going to issue a statement saying they prefer that customers leave their guns outside. They may not put up signs. Corporate could just put up signs in areas that are deemed a problem.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  5. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

If you are going to quote me, at least address what I posted. I said all they have to do is ban OC they don't have to ban CC.

6. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Idiots at work to ruin our cause that we are trying to protect.

7. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

*EDIT: TO MSERIC

I'm sorry, but you are very ignorant.

The date of the letter saying not to OC in private businesses is dated 5/23/14. Here is a direct quote from the first article, which clearly you did not bother to read all of.

"It certainly looks like Moms Demand Action is really reaching on this one. The photo posted above was posted on the Open Carry Texas Facebook page all the way back in March.

The group has since changed its stance on the open carry of long guns in private businesses, particularly national chains."

I know that you are super eager to go and bash OC since you personally do not do it, but please, read the WHOLE article next time. Don't just buy into this anti-gunner bull**** because you hate OC.

8. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

...and we have an obligation to reduce the profits of any corporation that takes any anti gun stance.

So called 2A supporters should stop worry about corporate "obligations" and start worrying about their own obligation to the cause.

9. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

If you are quoting me you are wrong....I do OC on some occasions, but its cool were I do it at...we are all 2A here......Call me ignorant to my face....Its easy to do it on a computer....of course if you are quoting me.

10. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

I was talking to the OP. I changed my post to reflect that.

11. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

just a curious question? why do all their protests take place on private property?

i'd have no issue w/them forming organized, open protests on public property.

i will be expecting more 30.06 signs in local businesses in the future. i hope i'm wrong. :(

12. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

This is a classic case of using mass media thinking your doing the right thing for your cause, and having it backfire because it gets "twisted" around by tho use who oppose our freedom and rights.
    I'm interested to see where this will twist now. I have only been in Target 2 times in the last 2-1/2 years but that is because of location. When I was still in NY I was in Target more then Wally.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

13. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

All protests do not take place on private property. Lot's of people carry on public property and when the cops harass them the same group of people here say they shouldn't be baiting the police. Seems like doing something legal is frowned upon no matter where they do it. This is very simple either you believe your rights should not be infringed or you believe they should. If it's the latter then don't pretend to be a 2A supporter.

14. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Well,Seeing as I live near the DFW area,and these guy's are doing this close to me,I'll chime in with my opinion.

I support anyone trying to forward a cause for the right to open carry,but Texas Open Carry is really going about it in the wrong way. Yes,Here in Texas it is legal to carry a Long Gun openly in most places,but for these guy's to push themselves onto the general public,many of whom are unaware of our Laws,and to do so inside restaurants,retail stores,and on busy city streets is really the wrong way about trying to get the general public on the right to open carry weapons.
    If they were to get permission from a business before they just show up for a public demonstration,and or,hold public rallies with the correct city/county permits,they probably wouldn't be scaring the Liberal and Low Information crowd like they are currently doing.

IMO,This group is going about their actions completely in the wrong way to gain a good public perception around people carrying weapons in public.

15. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Correct. It just seems that way, because they are the ones that we most commonly see in the news.

Franklin. Calling another member ignorant is in bad form. Please try to refrain from doing so in the future. The Mods tend to hand out vacations for doing so. Let's try to keep things civil here please.

16. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I know if I was to go about it right I could have an armed rally in downtown Raleigh at least once a month. I am just a redneck that knows how to get the proper paperwork. I know getting a permit to have a rally in Austin can't be that much frikin harder. Why can't OCTX do the same thing? If you put a couple thousand people on the lawn of the TX state legislature every weekend something will happen.

17. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

So your calling the OP ignorant.....not good

18. hawkguy

it all isn't so simple and absolute imo. and as you seem to reflect in previous posts, you ONLY seem to support the second in this manner. i don't think you interpret any other amendment this strictly based on the fact you seem to believe blocking profane language or offensive music is NOT abridging free speech, a god given right in the BOR....as is the second.

infringng 2nd NOT OK, even when used to disturb the peace.

abridging free speech is OK if it disturbs the peace. have i summed it up? :confused:

wait...have we talked about this before? :p

i don't pretend to be a 2A supporter...I AM. i am free american citizen that has the right to speak on the 2A in the manner i see fit, as are you.

these men have that right as well, they just need to chose a more effective and organized way to do it. one which won't end in MY loss of rights (and trust me, i'll let you know when i see the signs start to come up in more businesses, i expect it won't be long if this continues). take the battle ground away from private businesses who have NOT displayed anti-gun stances!!!!!!

i understand where you are coming from. i just wish your strict interpretation and protection of the second applied to your feelings on ALL of the BOR. even then if i didn't agree, at least it would be consistent.

BUT...all that said. we have respectfully agreed to disagree on this subject already. i respect your opinion, and respect you as a 2A supporter, though i don't think we'll ever agree much on this issue.

19. mseric

mseric New Member

Correct, ass face Grisham posted that letter to his members on 5/23.

The articles concerning resent OC Rifle carry in Target are dated 6/3 and 6/4, whether these Morons protesting in Target did this before 5/24 or after I am not sure. I will do my home work to find out. Thanks for pointing that out.

As for me being "super eager to go and bash OC since you personally do not do it," time for you to take your head out of where ever you store it and read my posts concerning open carry.

Do a search and read my posts if you know how. Come back when you have done so and we will talk about my position on Open Carry.

20. hawkguy

and as others have already echoed, let's please ALL remain civil. disagreement can make for good debates...name calling and disrespect never does.